OT: Video Games VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Was pleasantly surprised I could download NHL 24 roster updates with FA moves as recently as 7/3 meaning Logan Thompson is my starting goalie with the Caps

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If anyone is looking for a city builder, Cities Skylines 2 is much improved from launch and it's on PC GamePass. The dev dropped a 57gb patch yesterday with a bunch of new content.

I'm also playing Octopath Traveler 2 on GamePass, it's not bad.

And MGSV on the Steam Deck while I ride the stationary bike.

Next up: probably Shadow of the Erdtree.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I still have a lot of fun with it but I came in about 3 months after the game came out so never experience that high player count. I end up playing a lot over night so end up playing with a lot of asian/aussie players, heh.
Haven't played much with the spear it is pretty sweet. New update today a 5 or 6 more bridge modules.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'd say I'm about 50% through Hogwarts Legacy.

Pros:
* one of the most beautiful fantasy settings since Skyrim / Witcher 3
The town of Hogsmead in particular is absolutely jawdropping.
* almost note for note faithful to the books, from potions and herbology classes, to flying around on brooms
* combat is a blast, with tons of possible attack combinations.

Cons:
* long loadtimes for just about everything
* open world is kind of sparse
* bestiary is tiny

8.5 out of 10 so far. I wish the open world was more packed with cool stuff, but other than that, really enjoying it.
Surprising hit.

About 80% through it now. Combat just gets better as the game progresses, SO many options, its unbelievable.
Really the only problem I have with it is the long load times, but even these are bearable. 8.5 out of 10 sounds about right.

Going to give Kingdom Come Deliverance: Royal Edition a go next. I really do want to played Elden Ring, but I've been
scared off by people claiming boss fights are way too hard. I mean why make a game where you can't adjust the difficulty
settings. No one wants to pay $60 for a game that you can't even complete. Strange decision from FromSoftware.

EDIT: Finished Hogwarts Legacy tonight. I'm going to upgrade it to a full blown 9 out 10. The game shattered my expectations.
Its two strengths are its tremendous combat -- SO many spell and talent combinations-- and a surprisingly
interesting open world to explore outside of Hogwarts Castle. The side quests available in the open world don't feel generic,
but distinct, carefully crafted quests -- most of them feel DLC quality.

One of the best fantasy games I've played on the Playstation. I would even go so far as to put it ahead of Witcher 3.

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
UT is fine in NCAA and pretty much practice and adjusting to the new revamped passing mode. started a jmu dynasty as a defensive coordinator and scheduled the Virginia gauntlet. blown out by vt 33-9

I want NCAA but I really don't want to give EA $70.
this is one of the few ea games Worth 70 dollars.

and I get Madden and fc and pga golf and f1 every year on PC (100 dollar game pass)

I would strongly recommend this game if you like college sports or NCAA in general

Reactions: Cappy76

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
MLB the show 24 - for hitting, putting the cursor/aim at the top of the strike zone/box before the pitch then keeping it there or only going down is really helping me. Simplifies it .. i dont chase as much.

--------------

NCAA25 .. but what if your a terps fan and the Terps suck? I dont want to get smoked by ohio state/penn state/michigan/northwestern/purdue/indiana/rutgers in real life and in fantasy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
MLB the show 24 - for hitting, putting the cursor/aim at the top of the strike zone/box before the pitch then keeping it there or only going down is really helping me. Simplifies it .. i dont chase as much.

--------------

NCAA25 .. but what if you’re a terps fan and the Terps suck? I dont want to get smoked by ohio state/penn state/michigan/northwestern/purdue/indiana/rutgers in real life and in fantasy
For NCAA, if you’re playing other people online make sure you choose the right tier to play. I play with Navy and make sure I’m in Tier III.

Reactions: Neil Racki

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I played Tails of Iron this past weekend. I thought everything about it was charming -- the art, the music, the story, even how the
characters went about communicating. But I then I got to about the 1/2 way mark and the boss was just impossible (like Dark Souls
impossible). Nothing helped, I beefed up my gear, studied youtube videos, all for nothing. There is no difficulty slider on the game, so
if you're stuck, you're stuck. So I had to give up. When are software developers going to learn. Yeah. its a tremendous shot to the confidence
if you can beat a tough boss, but ultimately, its more important to people that they can play the game in its entirety.

Sigh. Guess its on to Far Cry 6.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I played Tails of Iron this past weekend. I thought everything about it was charming -- the art, the music, the story, even how the
characters went about communicating. But I then I got to about the 1/2 way mark and the boss was just impossible (like Dark Souls
impossible). Nothing helped, I beefed up my gear, studied youtube videos, all for nothing. There is no difficulty slider on the game, so
if you're stuck, you're stuck. So I had to give up. When are software developers going to learn. Yeah. its a tremendous shot to the confidence
if you can beat a tough boss, but ultimately, its more important to people that they can play the game in its entirety.

Sigh. Guess its on to Far Cry 6.
Which boss? I beat Tails of Iron, fantastic game.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
"Bloki Magu", Captain of the Swamp Slayers. I got him down to 3/4 health once, that's it.

Yeah, he’s a pain in the ass - think he’s the hardest boss in the game. Took me probably 10 times before I beat him. Check out YouTube, there are some videos that show how to beat him fairly quickly. For me it was all about patience… my issue was I kept getting caught trying to get one more hit in instead of taking it slower and being able to counter.

Reactions: sycamore

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The new Madden game lets you make your own team in franchise through Team Builder.

Not out yet till Aug 15th, but you know that Commanders name is being changed lol

• Haha
Reactions: g00n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad