OT: Video Games VI

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If anyone is looking for a city builder, Cities Skylines 2 is much improved from launch and it's on PC GamePass. The dev dropped a 57gb patch yesterday with a bunch of new content.

I'm also playing Octopath Traveler 2 on GamePass, it's not bad.

And MGSV on the Steam Deck while I ride the stationary bike.

Next up: probably Shadow of the Erdtree.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I still have a lot of fun with it but I came in about 3 months after the game came out so never experience that high player count. I end up playing a lot over night so end up playing with a lot of asian/aussie players, heh.
Haven't played much with the spear it is pretty sweet. New update today a 5 or 6 more bridge modules.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'd say I'm about 50% through Hogwarts Legacy.

Pros:
* one of the most beautiful fantasy settings since Skyrim / Witcher 3
The town of Hogsmead in particular is absolutely jawdropping.
* almost note for note faithful to the books, from potions and herbology classes, to flying around on brooms
* combat is a blast, with tons of possible attack combinations.

Cons:
* long loadtimes for just about everything
* open world is kind of sparse
* bestiary is tiny

8.5 out of 10 so far. I wish the open world was more packed with cool stuff, but other than that, really enjoying it.
Surprising hit.

About 80% through it now. Combat just gets better as the game progresses, SO many options, its unbelievable.
Really the only problem I have with it is the long load times, but even these are bearable. 8/5 out of 10 sounds about right.

Going to give Kingdom Come Deliverance: Royal Edition a go next. I really do want to played Elden Ring, but I've been
scared off by people claiming boss fights are way too hard. I mean why make a game where you can't adjust the difficulty
settings. No one wants to pay $60 for a game that you can't even complete. Strange decision from FromSoftware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad