OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@Striiker got absolutely rinsed on a 650k pack at the buzzer.

IMG_3949.jpeg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Beware the Dancing Lion.
The Dancing Lion should beware me. I killed that bitch first try. Of course I did have my +10 mimic tear and the NPC to help lol

I've spent a good amount of time just looking around, searching for the upgrade things.

I've probably only spent about 4 hours playing the DLC so far, but I'm impressed. There are companies who will put out full games that are much smaller and have less polish than this.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The Dancing Lion should beware me. I killed that bitch first try. Of course I did have my +10 mimic tear and the NPC to help lol

I've spent a good amount of time just looking around, searching for the upgrade things.

I've probably only spent about 4 hours playing the DLC so far, but I'm impressed. There are companies who will put out full games that are much smaller and have less polish than this.
I went there with two friends as a summon and we got the shit kicked out of us. I just went back on my own with the Mimic Tear and the NPC and I nearly got him first time but definitely on the second. Having a clone of myself but better is a cheat code.

Also I have a giant pot in my head and my friend has the giant lion head on so we look like the Medieval Banana Splits.

• Haha
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was playing the free version of Vampire Survivors, but then I stopped for a few months so I wouldn't be sick of it when I got the paid version. I am about to get that, with all of the DLC, because I can't wait for the Summer Sale to start on Monday. Which is when I am planning to get some of:

Timberborn
Farthest Frontier
Northgard
Stronghold Crusader 2
Dig or Die
Europa Universalis IV
Valheim

and possibly Baldur's Gate 3.

Any thoughts on any of those?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I was playing the free version of Vampire Survivors, but then I stopped for a few months so I wouldn't be sick of it when I got the paid version. I am about to get that, with all of the DLC, because I can't wait for the Summer Sale to start on Monday. Which is when I am planning to get some of:

Timberborn
Farthest Frontier
Northgard
Stronghold Crusader 2
Dig or Die
Europa Universalis IV
Valheim

and possibly Baldur's Gate 3.

Any thoughts on any of those?
I enjoyed Northgard...need to get back to that..same with BG3..but that takes a good amount of time commitment and for me at least...a computer that can run Act 3 better...

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
So, uh. Late to the game but uh….the Malenia fight, even when summoning multiple collaborators, is damn near impossible. My co-op collaborators are no help. Constantly dying before me. How do I take this demon woman down?

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So, uh. Late to the game but uh….the Malenia fight, even when summoning multiple collaborators, is damn near impossible. My co-op collaborators are no help. Constantly dying before me. How do I take this demon woman down?
I had to make a build specifically to kill her. A dexterity/bleed focused one. I didn't bother summoning people through co-op because they just ate shit and died immediately, which is doubly annoying since that also heals her. I just summoned my mimic tear and made that bitch bleed.

I used the Rivers of Blood katana with no shield (she'll heal even if you block all damage, which is reallllly annoying).

Talismans I used were:

Shard of Alexander (Greatly boosts the attack power of skills)
Rotten Winged Sword Insignia (Greatly raises attack power with successive attacks)
Lord of Blood's Exultation (Blood loss in vicinity increases attack power)

Then wail on her using Corpse Piler on Rivers of Blood. She'll bleed and stagger relatively quickly, you just need to learn how to dodge her attacks, which admittedly is an absolute bitch.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm assuming that since I'm using the same character that I beat her with and it had everything equipped for the final boss fight that I used Bloodhound Step for extra dodging and a big ass shield to go with my greatsword. I remember using Mimic Tear to clone myself originally but I don't remember if I went to get a more specialized sprit for that fight. I spent a few hours trying to beat that bitch.

Reactions: TB87

TB87

May 30, 2018
I had to make a build specifically to kill her. A dexterity/bleed focused one. I didn't bother summoning people through co-op because they just ate shit and died immediately, which is doubly annoying since that also heals her. I just summoned my mimic tear and made that bitch bleed.

I used the Rivers of Blood katana with no shield (she'll heal even if you block all damage, which is reallllly annoying).

Talismans I used were:

Shard of Alexander (Greatly boosts the attack power of skills)
Rotten Winged Sword Insignia (Greatly raises attack power with successive attacks)
Lord of Blood's Exultation (Blood loss in vicinity increases attack power)

Then wail on her using Corpse Piler on Rivers of Blood. She'll bleed and stagger relatively quickly, you just need to learn how to dodge her attacks, which admittedly is an absolute bitch.

I’ll let you know how his works for me.

I’m kinda shocked at how bad co-op summons have been. I
I'm assuming that since I'm using the same character that I beat her with and it had everything equipped for the final boss fight that I used Bloodhound Step for extra dodging and a big ass shield to go with my greatsword. I remember using Mimic Tear to clone myself originally but I don't remember if I went to get a more specialized sprit for that fight. I spent a few hours trying to beat that bitch.

I’ve used Mimic Tear +10, Black Knife Tiche +10, 1 co-op summons, 2 co-op summons…and have maybe gotten her down to 15% health once. Respecced to bleed build too.

Miyazaki went a bit too far with this one. This and the lake of rot. That place was f***ed lol.

Contemplating just saying f*** it and starting the DLC. This is a Nameless Puppet level no fun boss fight. I’m all for overcoming the odds, but this just isn’t fun or exhilarating. It’s annoying.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I’ll let you know how his works for me.

I’m kinda shocked at how bad co-op summons have been. I

I’ve used Mimic Tear +10, Black Knife Tiche +10, 1 co-op summons, 2 co-op summons…and have maybe gotten her down to 15% health once. Respecced to bleed build too.

Miyazaki went a bit too far with this one. This and the lake of rot. That place was f***ed lol.

Contemplating just saying f*** it and starting the DLC. This is a Nameless Puppet level no fun boss fight. I’m all for overcoming the odds, but this just isn’t fun or exhilarating. It’s annoying.
Yeah I only killed her to get the platinum trophy. Nothing about that fight was enjoyable. When I beat her i wasn’t even happy about it, I was just relieved that I didn’t have to go through that stupid ass fight again.

TB87

May 30, 2018
BTW, Dancing Lion and Rellana Twin Moon Knight were some really fun fights.

Reactions: Amorgus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
What's crazy about this game is my friend and I were in the same area, Shadow Keep, but we were seeing completely different stuff and getting confused. That's when we realized he went in the back way and I went in the front door. He didn't see the killer hippo until later. I only just found the back way. As frustrating as hell as I find combat, the exploration and map/level design is what I love most.

TB87

May 30, 2018
What's crazy about this game is my friend and I were in the same area, Shadow Keep, but we were seeing completely different stuff and getting confused. That's when we realized he went in the back way and I went in the front door. He didn't see the killer hippo until later. I only just found the back way. As frustrating as hell as I find combat, the exploration and map/level design is what I love most.

Apparently the damage output has been increased (if you have the needed scadutree fragments) and the damage negation from the fragments have been increased too in a new patch.

There were times last night where I mis-timed a dodge in the Messmer fight and he’d one-shot me lol. That was wild. I’ve got 60 vigor too, so it’s not like that’s not upgraded enough 😆

Also, those fire priest/knights in Shadow Keep are no joke.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Apparently the damage output has been increased (if you have the needed scadutree fragments) and the damage negation from the fragments have been increased too in a new patch.

There were times last night where I mis-timed a dodge in the Messmer fight and he’d one-shot me lol. That was wild. I’ve got 60 vigor too, so it’s not like that’s not upgraded enough 😆

Also, those fire priest/knights in Shadow Keep are no joke.
Those damn priests!!! Now I have my blessing up to 13 and I can finally take one of those priests out with five big swings and they usually can't get an attack off. I was screaming bloody murder at them yesterday. Finally beat Messmer first thing yesterday too. Still have to go back for that jerk Midra.

When my friend gets home we're going to look into possible other weapons to try out since there's not much you can do with a pure strength build. He's using some new weapon that he has 221 f***ing Bleed on and one or two shotting everything. That'll get nerfed next patch!

TB87

May 30, 2018
Those damn priests!!! Now I have my blessing up to 13 and I can finally take one of those priests out with five big swings and they usually can't get an attack off. I was screaming bloody murder at them yesterday. Finally beat Messmer first thing yesterday too. Still have to go back for that jerk Midra.

When my friend gets home we're going to look into possible other weapons to try out since there's not much you can do with a pure strength build. He's using some new weapon that he has 221 f***ing Bleed on and one or two shotting everything. That'll get nerfed next patch!

221 bleed is wild man.

I’ve been using my Moonveil Katana. It’s Transient Moonlight Weapon Skill absolutely shreds through most every enemy (bosses somewhat excluded). Downside is that it eats FP like crazy. Just gotta remember to use the right talismans to mitigate that I guess 😆

I’ve still gotta explore all of Scadu Atlas before moving onto the next area.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
221 bleed is wild man.

I’ve been using my Moonveil Katana. It’s Transient Moonlight Weapon Skill absolutely shreds through most every enemy (bosses somewhat excluded). Downside is that it eats FP like crazy. Just gotta remember to use the right talismans to mitigate that I guess 😆

I’ve still gotta explore all of Scadu Atlas before moving onto the next area.
I used that weapon for my first magic build. What I really loved was one spell where I just shot a giant blue laser beam that lasted as long as I held the button down and the FP lasted. If a boss came running straight at me, like that skeleton deer thing in Siofra River, it'd just melt.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I guess I DID beat Mitra already. Just killed a Scadutree Avatar too. Where to next...

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I just got the new FIFA (EA FC?). I haven't played one in years. I put it on beginner and won the first game like 12-0. Tried the next level I think is amateur and had a similar result. The next level seemed impossible. Is there any sliders or tips on finding the right level? I don't play ultimate team or online I just do the franchise or dynasty mode or what have you.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just got the new FIFA (EA FC?). I haven't played one in years. I put it on beginner and won the first game like 12-0. Tried the next level I think is amateur and had a similar result. The next level seemed impossible. Is there any sliders or tips on finding the right level? I don't play ultimate team or online I just do the franchise or dynasty mode or what have you.
Git good.

I don't mess with sliders since I mostly play online, but I had a similar experience when I first started playing. Just gotta play enough on the higher difficulties to figure out the AI's tendencies. Maybe switch back and forth depending on the team you are facing. Also there are a ton of button commands and skill moves you should learn that will help you. They should still have a training section. They used to have training games that would help you and were fun to play. Not sure if they still do or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad