OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
It's funny which bosses different people have trouble with. I leveled up my blessing once or twice and beat Romina no problem. Midra I've fought 4-5 times and never even got close to beating him.

The abyssal woods were a nightmare. I can't say I love FromSoft adding the obligatory high grass safe zone that you see in a bunch of open worlds. At least it was restricted to that one area.

It’s wild how different everyone’s experiences are with FromSoft boss fights. Some I can figure out their move set quickly and others it takes me numerous attempts. Others, I allow anxiety to turn into panic rolls and greedy attacks lol. Miyazaki recently said he still is in search of making game that is his ideal RPG. Can’t wait to play what they’ve got cooking next.

I started Yakuza: Like a Dragon on Thursday. Really liking it so far

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pretty much this. I'm not a Madden player, so I haven't play a football engine game since the last NCAA. I'm happy with anything
I've intentionally avoided Madden the last few years so at least it would feel fresh for a bit. I don't think they will ever get the gameplay to feel (comparatively) like it did during the PS2 era.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Sometimes i feel a bit weird for having a total lack of an interest in any current sports video games despite being a 4-for-4 guy. Glad that NCAA is finally getting more people to jump on board with this current console generation if nothing else.

I would say that i am still eagerly awaiting the day when they bring back NBA/NFL Street, but knowing EA they would find a way to turn that shit into a MUT pack gambling simulator too.

TB87

May 30, 2018
IMG_5749.jpeg

TB87

May 30, 2018
anyone play the Avatar game?

Nah. It’s got a 3.94 (out of 5) score on PSN (7,000 reviews). Anything below a 4 is usually mediocre at best. It’s got middling steam reviews too. However, seems like it’s something that could be fun at some point when it’s being sold on a deep discount.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Nah. It’s got a 3.94 (out of 5) score on PSN (7,000 reviews). Anything below a 4 is usually mediocre at best. It’s got middling steam reviews too. However, seems like it’s something that could be fun at some point when it’s being sold on a deep discount.
Yeah just played the trial...imma wait tol I can get it for like..20..was solid but felt similar..saw it described as Far Cry with an Avatar skin...though the world did look really good

Reactions: TB87

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1