OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 Do you do anything with your coins?

My whole team is first owner and I have $1.7m so I can't buy any of the high end cards that would be worthwhile upgrades.

I was thinking of blowing some on a store pack during Ultimate TOTS so I both get a chance at a high end guy and also have a ton of extra fodder if a good SBC comes out... but I'm not sure.
Yeah I'm waiting for the big store pack during ultimate TOTS.

Buying players is asking to lose 50% of your coins unless you immediately sell after using for a champs run or something since the players tank when the next promo comes out.

I bought 500k of fodder once and every gold card tanked after that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah I'm waiting for the big store pack during ultimate TOTS.

Buying players is asking to lose 50% of your coins unless you immediately sell after using for a champs run or something since the players tank when the next promo comes out.

I bought 500k of fodder once and every gold card tanked after that lol.
Also, you probably know this but I just learned it so I’ll pass along the warning, if you use your red champs evo on a TOTS+ card, it loses its chem boost.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Just reached Act 3 in Baldur's Gate 3 around the 138hr mark.

I'm at 145hrs now and roaming the city sewers. Good times.

I should wrap up this game by Christmas lol.

I’ve been waiting for it to go on a substantial/significant sale. Is it as awesome as lots of people & critics say?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Also, you probably know this but I just learned it so I’ll pass along the warning, if you use your red champs evo on a TOTS+ card, it loses its chem boost.
I've only done one red card and it was TOTW VVD and it made him no longer eligible to be used as a TOTW card for EVOs or SBCs. :laugh:

I think the design looks amateur.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've only done one red card and it was TOTW VVD and it made him no longer eligible to be used as a TOTW card for EVOs or SBCs. :laugh:

I think the design looks amateur.
Sure, it’s a little plain but I don’t mind it.

I use it to designate club legends (like Hamm or Werner), which is how I found this out. :laugh: Was about to use it on Finesse God Di Maria until I realized this was a potential problem and looked it up.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I’ve been waiting for it to go on a substantial/significant sale. Is it as awesome as lots of people & critics say?
I've not beat it myself yet, but I'd say so. It's one of those games you can really lose yourself in. So many times I thought to myself, "Oh, I'll just do this one side quest before I start working on the main quest again" then three hours later I haven't actually made any progress on the main quest. I think I put in about 50 hours, and I'm not even through Act 2 yet, and I know for a fact I skipped a bunch of content.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

Yes it is. Everything about the game is very polished and it has easily 80+ hours of content depending on how you play. I take my time to explore everything and passed 145 hours with lots left to go.

The only caveat I would add is that if turn based combat isn't your jam, you might not like it.

But, yeah, it's a benchmark game in terms of freedom, player agency, and adventuring. No other cRPG I've ever played has even come close.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Surrounded By Ahos

Lies of P DLC should be coming out before the end of the year:

This inspired me to start a re-play, and man am I blazing through things lol. I don't think it's taken me more than two tries to beat any boss. Maybe three for the Puppet King. I've only put in about 10-12 hours and I already beat Champion Victor. I should be able to finish in time for the Elden Ring DLC, which will hopefully last me long enough until the Lies of P DLC drops. It's the circle of life, baby.

Reactions: TB87

TB87

May 30, 2018
This inspired me to start a re-play, and man am I blazing through things lol. I don't think it's taken me more than two tries to beat any boss. Maybe three for the Puppet King. I've only put in about 10-12 hours and I already beat Champion Victor. I should be able to finish in time for the Elden Ring DLC, which will hopefully last me long enough until the Lies of P DLC drops. It's the circle of life, baby.

I did a replay right away after beating Lies of P because I liked it so much. 2nd time around was easy until I reached Simon Manus (interestingly enough). He was a breeze the 1st time around and an immovable brick wall on NG+. So much so that I actually stopped playing and felt like I wasted 18(ish) hours doing a 2nd play through. If you’re able to beat Manus the 2nd time around easily you may be the greatest gamer ever lol. I am however looking forward to the DLC release big time!

I just actually finished The Witcher 3 last night. Got the bad ending too lol. 2 poor choices in QTE brought it about. Not too bummed though, the game is really good.

Now…I have a dilemma. Should I play Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, Doom 2016 (which I started just before TW3 and really liked), Armored Core 6, or Persona 3 Reload? Decisions, decisions…

Last edited:

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I did a replay right away after beating Lies of P because I liked it so much. 2nd time around was easy until I reached Simon Manus (interestingly enough). He was a breeze the 1st time around and an immovable brick wall on NG+. So much so that I actually stopped playing and felt like I wasted 18(ish) hours doing a 2nd play through. If you’re able to beat Manus the 2nd time around easily you may be the greatest gamer ever lol. I am however looking forward to the DLC release big time!

I just actually finished The Witcher 3 last night. Got the bad ending too lol. 1 poor choice in a QTE brought it about. Not too bummed though, the game is really good.

Now…I have a dilemma. Should I play Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, Doom 2016 (which I started just before TW3 and really liked), Armored Core 6, or Persona 3 Reload? Decisions, decisions…

RDR2 :)

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Which of the Total War games should I start with if I want to get a good feel for how to play them while still having a good time, especially if you like Civ V?
Medieval 2 or Shogun 2 would probably be your best bet. The earlier games are a bit dated now, and Rome 2 has a bunch of stupid bullshit trying to mimic Crusader Kings that just makes the game less fun without really adding much.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

May 30, 2018
Started up Elden Ring on Friday night. Holy moly what an AWESOME game!

Phenomenal open-world game. The exploration and near-complete freedom really makes this one standout among other open-world games.

Surprised a bit by the difficulty (the bosses specifically). Especially in comparison to other FromSoftware Soul’s games. Mini-bosses and just regular enemies aren’t too challenging. The big bosses are no joke though lol

• Love
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Started up Elden Ring on Friday night. Holy moly what an AWESOME game!

Phenomenal open-world game. The exploration and near-complete freedom really makes this one standout among other open-world games.

Surprised a bit by the difficulty (the bosses specifically). Especially in comparison to other FromSoftware Soul’s games. Mini-bosses and just regular enemies aren’t too challenging. The big bosses are no joke though lol
The opening of Elden Ring is reallllllly well designed. From the second you pop out of that first elevator, you can see your immediate goal (the first site of grace), a nearby building with a merchant and another NPC (Church of Elleh), your medium term goal (Stormveil Castle), and your endgame goal (The Erdtree)

1716943465918.jpeg

The bosses are also fantastic. The first few 'main' ones (the dragon, the Tree Sentinel, and Margit) are all designed to tell you that this isn't your typical FromSoft game. You are not anywhere near ready to fight these guys, you need to go explore a bit, find some dungeons and other areas, level up a bit, then come back and try again.

Be sure to look around the map as you unlock more of it. You'll easily be able to spot buildings and some dungeons/mines with a quick inspection.

TB87

May 30, 2018
The opening of Elden Ring is reallllllly well designed. From the second you pop out of that first elevator, you can see your immediate goal (the first site of grace), a nearby building with a merchant and another NPC (Church of Elleh), your medium term goal (Stormveil Castle), and your endgame goal (The Erdtree)

View attachment 876829

The bosses are also fantastic. The first few 'main' ones (the dragon, the Tree Sentinel, and Margit) are all designed to tell you that this isn't your typical FromSoft game. You are not anywhere near ready to fight these guys, you need to go explore a bit, find some dungeons and other areas, level up a bit, then come back and try again.

Be sure to look around the map as you unlock more of it. You'll easily be able to spot buildings and some dungeons/mines with a quick inspection.

In full-on exploration mode now! There is so much to see, tons of dungeons and mines to conquer, golden runes to be found, great enemies to be felled, etc. Now I’m just going through NPC quests/questlines to get more experience in the game and/or unique weapons & spells. It’s so nice and forgiving that if you kill a few enemies you’re crimson tears flask will get another charge or two (depending on the enemies of course). FromSoft really, really, really gets it when it comes to enemy density. I couldn’t imagine how hard these games would be if the enemy density was overwhelming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad