Value of: Victor Oloffson at the deadline.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
His name is spelled and pronounced as Olofsson which means son of Olof, your incorrect spelling means son Oloff. It’s not even close to being correct.

If his name isn’t important enough, than your post is probably not worth being written either way.
Oh no. Someone spelled a name wrong. Better make sure to make a long sarcastic post about it when everyone knows who the OP meant.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Yeah, dumb idea to take Olofsson. The Sabres will likely sell of vets at the deadline (Miller, Butcher, Hinostroza), but the fire sale is over. It's building time in Buffalo.

Asplund - Thompson - Olofsson was a good line for the Sabres when Olofsson was healthy. They are going to re-sign him, not trade him.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Are you not paying attention the Buffalo Sabres are burning that team to the ground they have 40 year old Craig Anderson, Aaron Dell and Dustin Tokarski in net.

There are 2 differences between the 2015 Sabres and the 2021 Sabres.

#1 the 2021 Sabres suck but they try the 2015 Sabres did not.

#2 the 2015 Sabres battled Edmonton in the tank bowl.

This year there is Vancouver, Arizona, Montreal Ottawa and Seattle also battleing Buffalo in the 2021 tank bowl

Going by literally everything in this post, it would seem that you are in fact the one not paying any attention.

I think you probably can 2022 1st for him and I think you should because by the time Buffalo is good he's going to be at least 30.

This isn't a short term rebuild they are starting over from square 0, not even square 1, square 0 there are A LOT of holes on this roster.

They NEED Shane Wright, I don't know if they get him because Arizona is a different level of bad.

But Buffalo NEEDS Shane Wright

lol it's not going to take us 4+ years to be good. Our U23 group is looking very nice.

If this is square 0 then the last rebuild started at -10.

Any team would want a Wright. Buffalo definitely doesn't need him.

Why would Buffalo even want to re-sign him as opposed to selling high? Buffalo will be lucky to be a contender in 5 years.

I didn't think you could have a worse take than the ones on Dahlin but here we are.

Well. not for anything but you lost your #1 young C and #1 young-ish G.
Batting 0/2 in the last year.

How about you not focus on my name and answer the question? (If you can, that is)

Because your question was a joke :laugh:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
So needing to spend money you'd have them trade a good player that likes Buffalo for a scratch off that might be as good or can produce in 3 or 4yrs, and to take on a cap dump for another scratch off. All the while, Buffalo's young core will see them not trying to compete which of course does a great job of enamoring them to the city / organization.

I realize people really don't follow Buffalo except to defecate on them and enjoy their misery, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Right now they're competitive missing their 1C, 1RW, 1LW, 1RD and 1G. Sabres fans are looking forward to January when they can run out
Skinner Mitts Tuch
Asplund Thompson Oloffson
Girgs Cozens Okposo
Bjork Roustslainen Hinostroza

Then next year the entire line 4 drops in favor of Quinn Krebs Peterka. Add in Owen Power, use all that cap space on a RHD and goalie upgrade then see
What you have listed for next year l plus whoever is drafted in the upcoming draft , I can see Buffalo be a bubble playoff team sooner than later. Address the goaltending and add a couple of stable pieces for depth until all the kids develop and things are looking up for them . Stay the course.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
There really his some Sabres hatred out there and bias -- not unfounded based on some of the insane past decisions of owners.

But this team is hardly "years" away from a playoff bid. That is just not based on reality, if you look at the players. Frankly, if they had signed Ullmark (would have meant overpay) and rushed kids like Powers, Quinn, Petera into the NHL they would be way closer THIS YEAR.

Sabres sort of backed into a semi-tank year when they didn't get a real backup and lost Ullmark. The goaltending of a 40-year-old talked out of retirement and career AHLer was going to blow up and it is happening now.

But trading Olofsson? I mean, if he won't sign then for sure. But if he settles in a 4-5 year deal that isn't an insane cap hit, why wouldn't we want to keep an offensive weapon that we need in 2022-23 when Sabres are fully capable of making the playoffs, if they get a goalie.

That said, if the plan is to wait for Portillo and Levi to be NHLers, then we are 1-2 years away.

If we moved him, that $3.05 M cap and extra year of RFA (at 26?) I expect close to Reinhart level return which was low. A 1st and prospect is the return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Navy Goat

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I never get this . I am not the best speller or writer but I take the time to get a players name right . Lots of Edmonton fans can't spell Bourgault name and it only takes 10 seconds to learn it . If you can't learn the spelling how much do you really know about the player

Sam Rinehardt was around for 6 years and most Sabres fans still can't spell his name.

Reactions: wunderpanda

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The Sabres should be extending players like VO, not trading them away at the deadline. The Sabres should trade away their vet UFAs to make room for all the youngsters coming up.

Can we interest you in one slightly used "top 4 D" Colin Miller who has 11 points in 18 games? Or a a 55.84% face off winner in Cody Eakin?

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No it's not disrespect and if it annoys you then you need thicker skin. I have a difficult to spell last name and it's always spelled and pronounced incorrectly. It's not something that other people need to figure out.

Before I write a player’s name that I am not sure how to spell, I google it. It’s not hard.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Before I write a player’s name that I am not sure how to spell, I google it. It’s not hard.
Good job, your heroic actions are making a real difference in the world. I'm sure said player is eternally grateful for your magnanimous gesture.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
He has great chemistry with Rasmus Asplund and there is still more up left in his upside.

4 years x 5 million would be a nice contract. If he wants 6 million, or only will re-up for one year, definitely should be on the trade block. If he comes back and plays well from his injury, Sabres should sort this out and get him resigned sooner rather than later.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Because it worked so well last time the Sabres stripped it all to the bone…. Stupid idea
I think they're still breaking it down. They have 11 pending UFAs on their NHL roster and right now they're three points out of a playoff spot. They also have three pending RFAs in case there's a team out there interested in acquiring a player with some team control remaining.

There's a chance this could be yet another interesting trade deadline.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
There’s no reason at all to trade Olof. For those that live in reality, 26 is not ancient. We probably have the youngest team, especially next season, in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad