Value of: Victor Oloffson at the deadline.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Let's say they deal Olofsson for a 1st rd pick

And then with that available cap space they were going to spend on Olofsson, they use it to take on a cap dump and get another 1st rd pick for doing so

Fast forward 2 years, are the Sabres better off with Olofsson?

Or those 2 1st rd picks just starting their ELC + the additional cap space they'd have as the cap dump comes off their payroll?

I'll take the second option... as dumb as that may seem

They have enough cap space to take cap dumps anyway.

If they trade Olofsson for just a first they are under the cap floor.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I do. People are butchering the Swedish names all the time. It’s annoying and disrespectful.
No it's not disrespect and if it annoys you then you need thicker skin. I have a difficult to spell last name and it's always spelled and pronounced incorrectly. It's not something that other people need to figure out.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That guy? It's satire to communicate he misspelled his name. I'd be more of 'that guy' if I said nothing and he kept his typo. And 2 people liked it. So objectively you are wrong.
2 people liked your post. No one likes you...haha. Just teasing. It comes across douchie. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

member 334057

Like Eichel? Do you think they some of them want to re-sign and if so, why? I can see a mini-mutiny.
Of course you can see a mutiny, you're a Leafs fan who very likely doesn't keep tabs on the Sabres. If you did you'd know that guys like Okposo have made comments about how good the locker room is now and that it reminds him of his days in junior with everyone hanging out after practice, working on aspects of their game together etc.

Olofsson was one of the guys who wanted to be in Buffalo, and wanted to be part of the team and what they are doing right now. They have a deep prospect pool with 4 or 5 guys on the doorstep, and several others within a couple of years. That's well within his window as he's only 26, but since it's Buffalo and no one wants to be there I suppose they should just trade anyone who shows even a small amount of talent. Maybe they can be the Leafs farm team.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
They have enough cap space to take cap dumps anyway.

If they trade Olofsson for just a first they are under the cap floor.

If they re-sign Olofsson, it's a win-now move... so why hem up the team's cap space taking on cap dumps?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Like Eichel? Do you think they some of them want to re-sign and if so, why? I can see a mini-mutiny.

Leaf fan who was bitter enough about a god-awful Senators team to make that your username thinks every player on the Sabres secretly hates the team? I'm shocked.

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Are you not paying attention the Buffalo Sabres are burning that team to the ground they have 40 year old Craig Anderson, Aaron Dell and Dustin Tokarski in net.

There are 2 differences between the 2015 Sabres and the 2021 Sabres.

#1 the 2021 Sabres suck but they try the 2015 Sabres did not.

#2 the 2015 Sabres battled Edmonton in the tank bowl.

This year there is Vancouver, Arizona, Montreal Ottawa and Seattle also battleing Buffalo in the 2021 tank bowl

They've been bad and drafting high for years, they don't need to tank, they need to progress. Our top line is ripping it up in the AHL and the goalie we got for Reinhart has 5 shutouts and a ridiculous sv% he and UPL will come be ready soon. They didn't trade Eichel, Reinhart, and Risto to start a new rebuild, they did it to carve the losing mentality out of the locker room, and it's working.

They have the top prospect pool in the league and we haven't brought up our last 2 years worth of draft picks. The teardown is done, they are trying to build back up now

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
Leaf fan who was bitter enough about a god-awful Senators team to make that your username thinks every player on the Sabres secretly hates the team? I'm shocked.
Well. not for anything but you lost your #1 young C and #1 young-ish G.
Batting 0/2 in the last year.

How about you not focus on my name and answer the question? (If you can, that is)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Well. not for anything but you lost your #1 young C and #1 young-ish G.
Batting 0/2 in the last year.

How about you not focus on my name and answer the question? (If you can, that is)

Better idea: why don't you (and the other Leaf fan who started this thread) go back to focusing on Toronto's playoff success instead of worrying about Buffalo?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why would Buffalo even want to re-sign him as opposed to selling high? Buffalo will be lucky to be a contender in 5 years.

He is a good player. He isn’t super old. He’s still an RFA after the season. I’m fine signing him to a 5 yr extension.

buffalo will not need 5 yrs to rebuild.theyhave a very strong young group of players drafted who will be 34 or younger at the start of 22/23 season.

players drafted from 2016-2021 who likely are part of the team next year

C— Mittlestadt, Cozens, Thompson, Krebs
RW Quinn,
LW Asplund, Peterka, Ruotsalsinrn
LD Dahlin, Power, Samuelson, Bryson
RD Jokiharju

This doesn’t list all their prospects

then the issue of getting to the cap floor.

If they resign Olofsson to a $5.5M contract. That raise along with Tuch is close to Eichel cap hit. They will need to get a short term RD , a 7th vet D and a vet G at around a combined $8M to get to the cap floor.

I’d rather give $5.5M for olofsson than having to sign a crap UFA for $4M+

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
No it's not disrespect and if it annoys you then you need thicker skin. I have a difficult to spell last name and it's always spelled and pronounced incorrectly. It's not something that other people need to figure out.

His name is spelled and pronounced as Olofsson which means son of Olof, your incorrect spelling means son Oloff. It’s not even close to being correct.

If his name isn’t important enough, than your post is probably not worth being written either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad