Vibe check

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How do you feel right now: better or worse than after losing Game 3 ECF?

• Better

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Worse

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Same

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Yup my introduction to sports fandom was the Jim Kelly years. After they got blown out in the 2nd Super Bowl I knew they'd never get over the hump. Then the Flyers got Lindros and I thought I'd see a championship there. Nope. Then I pretty much gave up on sports for at least a decade. I don't want you guys to have to keep suffering because God knows I've been there and can't enjoy the small victories after decades of failure. Just get one Cup and all is forgiven.
In the end it’s all about entertainment. I don’t own stock in the team etc etc. If you tell me I’m going to get to the Cup almost every year and lose it ..WHERE DO I SIGN.

Last edited:

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
I'm starting to feel better about our situation after all the knee jerking is out of my system. We just have to win one before they win two, the sky hasn't fallen yet and if the Cats have a good locker room they know that too and won't choke.
I know what you mean, it feels good before every clinching game doesn't it

whitefang

May 5, 2024
Iona, FL
I would call on the team therapist and ask our players what are they watching and why aren’t you playing. This is a mental thing.
3c7041a9-58ef-4b6a-9bb8-ba5f954687ee_text.gif

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I’m sincerely confident that the Panthers are going to win Game 6. This isn’t blind optimism/fandom. We’ve seen this team mature in the last few years. Are the Panthers perfect? Hell no, no team is, but we have a deep, well constructed, mature team that has overcome adversity multiple times. I’m all in on a Game 6 victory!

Reactions: batting1k

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
I’m sincerely confident that the Panthers are going to win Game 6. This isn’t blind optimism/fandom. We’ve seen this team mature in the last few years. Are the Panthers perfect? Hell no, no team is, but we have a deep, well constructed, mature team that has overcome adversity multiple times. I’m all in on a Game 6 victory!

I am too. I feel eerily confident about it

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
We will see what this Florida team is made of tomororow night. Panthers need to set the tone right from puck drop and play the game of their lives. We all know that the Brown-Henrique-Janmark line is going to again start the game for the Oilers. They set the tone for the Oilers the last 2 games. Maurice needs to find a way to counter this. Maybe start the game with Lomberg-Stenlund-Cousins.

Reactions: Vilam and Panteras

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
For me it’s win the cup on game 6 or I’m checking out of being a Panthers and NHL fan for personal reasons.

If they win, I will be a fan for life.

That all being said I think they win game 6. The adjustments they made had them looking like the Panthers again. They almost tied it until that ref blew his game mgmt whistle. I don’t think McDavid will continue to score 4pts per game.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I'm gonna try to go back to my mind set when I was the first one to click "Better" yesterday because I've heard some things today that gave me some additional good vibes. So why did I feel better?

I was there Tuesday. It was a great game to be at. Could've ended better of course but it was a tough game with drama, skill and speed. I thought we played well, just made one mistake too many.

I think the next one could go either way. We acquitted ourselves honorably in game 5, unlike game 4, and so there's reason to be optimistic that they can do it again. Don't have to be perfect. One less mistake and we get a tight game. We have some clutch guys, you know? The same thing applies to game 7 if we get there. The PDOcast guy(s) called it a coin flip at the start of the series. Seems like it's turning into just that.

Another random thought. Everyone picked us in game 5. This is now us against the world in game 6; nobody has us. This team has been the favorite all post-season but they thrived last year as the underdog. Can they channel last year's spirit for one night? It would be an impressive feat.

Lastly, I sampled a lot of the pods the past couple of days and in the course of doing so, heard a comment about game 4 suggesting that the chaos around getting family out there was a big distraction, despite all we heard about billy z trying to arrange things beforehand. of course, coming back home was probably a circus, too. this was the last chiclets, btw and it was biz, who added that messier told him winning game 5 at home is the most difficult. z throwing the water bottle might have simply been frustration at adding hurdles at a key point, despite his best effort. apparently, the team took the bare minimum back to Alberta and the talk was about a business trip.

Don't know how this ride's going to end but it's been fun cheering into the heat of summer again.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I envy you guys. My vibe is down awful. Doesnt help that the week has been mentally tough since father's day and my birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.

I actually feel like taking a nap during the game.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

If they f*** this up. I'm gonna miss you guys. 22 years. Damn..

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Man if they lose I would be absolutely sick and hate this team forever but I’m never leaving and none of you weirdos are either.

Yeah i mean...it's already been 31 years of mostly disappointment, but its been a wild ride. Basically part of your identity at this point. There's no turning back.

Crazy how if games 4 and 5 were reversed, people would be feeling way differently, but something about 3-0 really messed with people lol. We're up 3-2, we're in back-to-back finals. The other team is also good too.

I say it's basically like part of our identity, but it's still a game at the end of the day. Sit back, relax. Just enjoy the ride for better or worse.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s psychologically easier for them when people doubt that they can win one more. People are already counting them out so if they lose, hey it was expected.

And still, all said and done, I’d rather be 3-2 after going up 3-0 than be down 2-3 after going down 0-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad