Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WSH] Anthony Mantha (50% retained) for 2024 2nd round pick and 2026 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Mantha should be a very solid addition for Vegas. I wouldn’t sign him to a long term deal but on an expiring contract looking for his next contract he is solid.

Reactions: Neil Racki

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

*Conditions: If Capitals re-sign Shattenkirk or advance to 2016/17 Eastern Conference Finals and if Shattenkirk plays in 50% of the first two rounds, Blues receive 2019 2nd round draft pick. If Capitals trade Shattenkirk on or before July 1, 2017; Blues receive a 7th round draft pick. However, should the return in a trade be a 4th round pick or earlier; instead of the 7th round pick, Blues receive next available pick two rounds later than the earliest pick received by the Capitals.

is this a shattenkirk situation again with all the details?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Considering Vrana is no longer in the NHL or in the Red Wings organization, I would say it’s not so bad.

Figured a Caps fan would try to defend the original Mantha deal. Forgetting Vrana, the Caps gave up the 2021 1st that became Wyatt Johnston so I feel very confident they won't be getting back something as valuable as WJ for Mantha now.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Not a Mantha fan but I like this move for Vegas assuming they didn't give up a lot. Mantha knows he'll get paid if he has a big run with them. I feel for whoever signs him long term if he does.

Reactions: BKarchitect
Aug 3, 2021
Mantha is a big boy but he doesn't really play physical. That's what's kind of funny about the usual frothing about his size.

I still think he'll be a good fit with VGK tho.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
A cap dump for a player on an expiring contract with a team that has no salary cap issues. You win the worst thought of the day
Dude probably had 2 mil left prorated on a team he's not coming back to. If they get more than a meh prospect out of it I'll be shocked.

Edit: a 2nd and a 4th is about right as well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Figured a Caps fan would try to defend the original Mantha deal. Forgetting Vrana, the Caps gave up the 2021 1st that became Wyatt Johnston so I feel very confident they won't be getting back something as valuable as WJ for Mantha now.

Yeah, but they got some production in the meantime. Besides, you don’t know yet what they’ll get for sending Mantha to Vegas, it could be a pick that lands a great prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad