Confirmed Trade: [VGK/WSH] Anthony Mantha (50% retained) for 2024 2nd round pick and 2026 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
didn't this guy have negative value like a year ago?

I guess that means Vegas is likely out of the Guentzel bidding.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Decent deal for both sides. Wondering why the Capitals didn't try to extend since he's having such a good year.

May have been asking for too much.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
lol....they didn't learn from taking the red wings wastes before with tatar? They are going to hate this guy with his skating :o

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Sure, but then if they bring in someone else close to 5 then no more Carrier, Dorofeyev and Maybe Howden.
If WAS retained 50% like the reports, it is a few mill more.

I am in no way defending getting Mantha. Just glad he is off the marked so I can stop reading about fans of the Wings wanting him back

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
The idea that the Caps managed to get anything out of this guy is hard to believe, given how he played for much of his tenure in DC. Pretty happy with the return. The baggage for most of his NHL career makes landing much more than this unlikely under the best of circumstances. He's just dogged it for far too many years.

Also makes a certain amount of depth scoring sense for Vegas, who get the version of Mantha who is playing for his next contract and that's the extent of their commitment. Retention leaves plenty of room for them to continue adding this week.

I wouldn't sign Mantha for anything this summer, though, unless he has to start taking one-year deals.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If WAS retained 50% like the reports, it is a few mill more.

I am in no way defending getting Mantha. Just glad he is off the marked so I can stop reading about fans of the Wings wanting him back
Yeah. That changes things.

Not sure why Washington bothered retaining that much for a meh return, but my guess is they weren't adding playing anyways so they threw in the 50% retention for an extra 4th or something.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Because the only time he's showed a pulse is in a contract year, if I had to guess.
Still if the advanced stats were to be believed, rough only getting a 2nd and 4th for possibly your best performing player.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad