Confirmed Trade: [VGK/NSH] Alexei Emelin (29% retained) for 2019 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Nashville can now maybe trade some Dman for Duchene?

Sure. Yannick Weber or Matt Irwin. Or maybe even Emelin himself.

No but seriously Poile said he's not touching the top 4 and why should he, his team just made the SCF and a lot of the credit goes to his d-core.

I guess anything is possible, but i don't see that as something Poile would do. He parted with Jones because they needed a 1C and already had a bunch of good d-men. Unless Barrie/Johnson is coming back, i can't see him saying okay 3 great d-men is enough for next season.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If we did this so we could move Ekholm I'm gonna lose it. We have no one else that can shut down other teams like him.

Seems logical that it would be him if this is part of a bigger plan. Both are defensive, shut-down LDs. Did Emelin and Subban play together in MTL?

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
With Colorado rumored to be looking for a LHD, and Emelin now on board...it would have to be Ekholm, right ? How does he fit in their plan, at 27 ?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
In Nashville Emelin will play 15 minutes on the third pairing, he will be awesome!

Great trade for Nashville

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Emelin on the 3rd pairing? That'd be awesome.
Emelin was pretty good this year, with the bad play every now and then.
Plus, he hits like a train. He can devastate a dude easely.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009

If one of the top 4 is being traded, that would be my guess as well. He has such a great contract too, we shall see.

It just doesn't make sense to intake that money for 3rd pairing when you already have an elite d core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad