Confirmed with Link: Veleno signs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
Pretty unimpressed with Veleno as of this past season. Not sure why you go two years unless the plan is to package him in a trade this year. At least we've got a buyout to look forward to... right?

Reactions: FMichael

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Terrible AAV. Yzerman must think his offense is still untapped. I don't.
After this signing it leaves about just under 18M to sign Seider, Raymond, and Berggren. I figure when the dust settles we will likely have about 2 million in cap space or less. I still believe Stevie has another move to get done.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think Veleno did pretty good last year on the third and fourth line. I think he had some good games, and didn't really have any bad games. Also showed a lot of progress on the face off dot.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Veleno just set career highs across the board in G, A, Pts, TOI, FO pct. One less goal and five fewer points than Rasmussen, who just got $3.2Mx4. More center versatility than Rasmussen. When he hits people, which was not often enough last season, he does it with some authority, unlike Rasmussen. I doubted he was going to get any less than $2.5M on a one-year deal if it went to arbitration, so $2.275x2 is about right.

More importantly, it gets the deal done. He wasn't going to be traded while it was still up in the air and headed for arb, and maybe he won't get traded anyway, but at least now it's possible

Last edited:

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I think Veleno did pretty good last year on the third and fourth line. I think he had some good games, and didn't really have any bad games. Also showed a lot of progress on the face off dot.
He started out gangbusters, hitting everything and creating chances with an aggressive forecheck, but he didnt maintain that for very long.
Hoping he justifies Yzerman's faith in him by showing more of that and more offense.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad