Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Does anyone know if Chayka can spend the entire year in Henderson next season?

He is playing in the OHL now, but he was drafted out of the KHL. Even though he spent the two seasons before in the OHL also.

But being drafted following his KHL year, doesn't that mean he doesn't have to stay there next season and we can put him in Henderson?

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Paul Cotter
Ben Jones
Jake Lyschyshyn
Pael Dorofeyev
Jonas Rondbjerg
Zachary Hayes
Kaedan Korczak
Daniil Miromanov
Brayden Pachal

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Paul Cotter
Ben Jones
Jake Lyschyshyn
Pael Dorofeyev
Jonas Rondbjerg
Zachary Hayes
Kaedan Korczak
Daniil Miromanov
Brayden Pachal
Cotter, Jones, Leschyshyn, Rondbjerg are going to be vying for the 13th/14th forward spot next camp. Cotter & Jones are your typical gritty 4th liners, while Leschyshyn and Rondbjerg made a good impression for their 2-way play since last camp.

Dorofeyev is a speedy 2-way winger and I wouldn't be surprised if he earned a spot in the top 9 eventually. Decent hands and a solid all around game.

I don't see Hayes being very high on the depth chart next season.

Korczak showed a lot of promise in his D+1 & D+2 years, but has struggled a bit offensively in Henderson and took a step back last year.

Miromanov is a smooth skating offensive Dman that played a bit timid in most of his call ups to the NHL. Very high on him.

Pachal might be a good waiver pickup for another team in need of a #8.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Cholach is from Ukraine and if he goes home to see family this off season, he won't be able to return to play. Doesn't know when he'll see family again.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
In a COMPLETE HYPOTHETICAL where I am an NHL pundit/reporter with inside info, I might go to the Vegas board and post something like

“Not sure if you still consider him a prospect or not, but sources are saying Jack Dugan wants out of Vegas - requesting a trade to the east coast, not sure if he will actually get it or not…”

Again… PURELY HYPOTHETICAL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
In a COMPLETE HYPOTHETICAL where I am an NHL pundit/reporter with inside info, I might go to the Vegas board and post something like

“Not sure if you still consider him a prospect or not, but sources are saying Jack Dugan wants out of Vegas - requesting a trade to the east coast, not sure if he will actually get it or not…”

Yes of course he's still a prospect. He was injured early in the year AFAIK and it took him most of the season to get back to form.

As far as a trade request, unless they were forcing him to play while hurt, it doesn't make much sense for Vegas to move him at this point. He needs to come to camp ready to impress with disciplined hockey away from the puck.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Yes of course he's still a prospect. He was injured early in the year AFAIK and it took him most of the season to get back to form.

As far as a trade request, unless they were forcing him to play while hurt, it doesn't make much sense for Vegas to move him at this point. He needs to come to camp ready to impress with disciplined hockey away from the puck.
Heard they forced him to play hurt and when he said he wasn’t ready the coaching staff basically called him a “candy ass”

Then reiterated it in the exit meetings.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Oil Kings are out of the Memorial Cup after finishing last in the swiss stage. So no more Vegas prospects left in the Memorial Cup.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014

He got his wish. He’s much closer to home now. Believe his parents are still in Rochester.

Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Roster looks set

Brisson Morozov Marushev
Dorofeyev Foo Rondbjerg
Froese Quinney Rempall
Kalli Cotter
Loewen
Primeau
Conrad
McAllum
Ford

Diliberatore Korczak
Cormier Pachal
Hayes Corcoran
extra D: Chayka
Bischoff
Ahac
Injured: Miromanov

Saville
Patera
Hutchinson
Papirny

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I was watching the scrimmage game 2 on youtube, specifically for Brisson.

It was Chayka that caught my attention. He's going to be really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad