Vatrano cross-checks Kostin and gets knocked down with a left hook

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Only penalty should go against Vatrano. No penalty for defending yourself
To be clear the cross check was a response to kostin running a fly by elbow to Vatrano face a half second earlier so the cross check was Vatrano defending himself

Reactions: ohcomeonref

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You shouldn’t just be able to punch someone in the face, even in hockey, unless the gloves are off and you’re squaring up
That's f***ing dumb. Act like a rat and you should expect to get popped.

This idiotic "code" is childish nonsense. Hey I hit you with my stick how dare you punch me! You must also hit me with your stick!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So the full sequence is elbow-crosscheck-sucker punch, which clearly makes Vatrano the victim here especially with the refs apparently missing the first infraction.

Pretty amazing how a cropping of the sequence has people falling hook, line and sinker for the opposite narrative.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I’d be embarrassed to be Vatrano for that embellishment. That’s soccer level… why did his legs crumble like that from a hit to the chin?

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
So the full sequence is elbow-crosscheck-sucker punch, which clearly makes Vatrano the victim here especially with the refs apparently missing the first infraction.

Pretty amazing how a cropping of the sequence has people falling hook, line and sinker for the opposite narrative.

Even more amazing us how most in the thread won't do a tiny amount of reading to see how stupid their takes are.

Reactions: anezthes

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kostin a well known cheap shot artist
Interesting when you consider that fact that Vatrano specializes in being a rat.

Rat met exterminator.

You shouldn’t just be able to punch someone in the face, even in hockey, unless the gloves are off and you’re squaring up
there’s a lot of things in hockey that you shouldn’t be able to do, and cross checking is one of them.

Every action will have an equal reaction

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I feel like a lot of folks sharing this sentiment would still be down if they took an unexpected shot on the chin from Kostin.

Crap call by the refs as well. The elbow from Kostin and retaliation crosscheck from Vatrano should have been off setting minors. Then the sucker punch should be another at least 2 + 10. To make Vatrano out to be equally guilty out of the whole sequence is just nuts.
"Sucker punch" omg vatrano crosschecks him and kostin turns around and punches him in the face. Least sucker punch ever.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
"Sucker punch" omg vatrano crosschecks him and kostin turns around and punches him in the face. Least sucker punch ever.

Any time you punch someone without a challenge to a fight, in hockey that is considered a sucker punch. If every cross check in a hockey game was an invitation to turn around and punch someone, we would see it dozens of times per game and this thread wouldn't exist.

It's already been pointed out by numerous posters but many of you seem to be duped by the thread title and SJ broadcast in the clip into thinking Kostin was just innocently on his way to the bench before being cross checked. If you actually watch the full clip, he chicken wing elbows Vatrano in the side of the head on the way by, which more than earned a cross check in return. He threw a cheap shot, took a cross check in retaliation and then threw a sucker punch with no invitation to fight. Punk move on Kostin's part

1000017240.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad