Vatrano cross-checks Kostin and gets knocked down with a left hook

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Only penalty should go against Vatrano. No penalty for defending yourself
To be clear the cross check was a response to kostin running a fly by elbow to Vatrano face a half second earlier so the cross check was Vatrano defending himself

Reactions: ohcomeonref

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You shouldn’t just be able to punch someone in the face, even in hockey, unless the gloves are off and you’re squaring up
That's f***ing dumb. Act like a rat and you should expect to get popped.

This idiotic "code" is childish nonsense. Hey I hit you with my stick how dare you punch me! You must also hit me with your stick!

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Don't think it was embellished at all. He caught a player much smaller than him and who wasn't expecting a gloved punch to the jaw in that situation.
yeah you don't go airborne with both knees bent back when you get punched.. outside of the movies that is

Reactions: Mattb124

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So the full sequence is elbow-crosscheck-sucker punch, which clearly makes Vatrano the victim here especially with the refs apparently missing the first infraction.

Pretty amazing how a cropping of the sequence has people falling hook, line and sinker for the opposite narrative.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I’d be embarrassed to be Vatrano for that embellishment. That’s soccer level… why did his legs crumble like that from a hit to the chin?

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
So the full sequence is elbow-crosscheck-sucker punch, which clearly makes Vatrano the victim here especially with the refs apparently missing the first infraction.

Pretty amazing how a cropping of the sequence has people falling hook, line and sinker for the opposite narrative.

Even more amazing us how most in the thread won't do a tiny amount of reading to see how stupid their takes are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad