Proposal: Vancouver - Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
This proposal is ludicrously bad for Van. If we are trading Hoglander and a 1st it has to be for a top of the lineup player not depth guys.

Without question the value favours Habs though. There's no reason not to take that much value. You can sign bruisers in UFA every yr for peanuts.
I'd like to see your proposal where Hoglander and a first gets a top of the lineup player .

Reactions: viceroy

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What makes him not an enforcer?

He is simply not an effective hockey player.
-Unable to contribute on either special teams unit
-Requires incredibly sheltered minutes that make the life of every other dman on your team much harder
-The least disciplined player in hockey
-Awful defensively

Took out the inaccurate part
Most of it. You obviousky have no idea what you are talking about. Doesn't need sheltered minutes. After his AHL stint he became less erratic, He has a good shot and is capable of pp time if necessary.
And is improving defensively.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Xhekaj and Jake Evans for Hoglander, Poolman (IR/LTIR), 2025 1st, and an extra 3rd or 4th round pick.

Hoglander and his 24 goals last season is a cheap top 9 option at $1.1M. Agitator, high energy, offensive skill and could be a complimentary piece to the top 6. Also has breakout potential.

Canucks need a right hand centerman and some depth on the left side considering we are thin. After Hughes, it’s Soucy and Forbort.

Value is fair, but not the type of trade the Habs should make.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So you never saw him play and make up scenarios looking at stat sheets?

Salary cap, upcoming FA status and trade market explain why Zadorov got little value.

At this point, I wouldn't trade Xhekaj for a late 1st. Too much upside in an area of need for a pick that would likely end up being a kind of player we already have (if said 1st even play in the NHL).
He doesn't look good when you watch him either.

Again:

Over the last 2 years, arber xhekaj has had the 4th easiest minutes in hockey. Right around another young enforcer dman in Tyler Tucker.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 9.35.16 PM.png

Despite these very easy minutes, arber Xhekaj still can't stay out of the box, posting one of the worst penalty differentials in hockey over that time
Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 9.36.48 PM.png

You'd think, commiting so many penalties, he'd have good defensive results. But no. 44.4% xGoals share. And this ranks incredibly low on MTL, which is already a dogshit defensive team
Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 9.39.49 PM.png

Is Tyler Tucker worth a 1st?

Most of it. You obviousky have no idea what you are talking about. Doesn't need sheltered minutes. After his AHL stint he became less erratic, He has a good shot and is capable of pp time if necessary.
If he doesn't need sheltered minutes why does he play such sheltered minutes?

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 9.41.21 PM.png

Does Martin St Louis just like to watch Kaiden Guhle suffer for shits and giggles or something?

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I mean a top 9 forward + a late 1st (25–32), while getting rid of Poolman for a 3B center/4C and a young physical dman with a lot of growth potential?

I think it’s fair from our end. From our perspective, a sweetner later round pick doesn’t matter much to us. Getting rid of Poolman’s contract would be huge.
We've got enough penalty-killing forwards now, and can just use Suter as 4c. Evans isn't really needed.

Xhekaj averaged 20 seconds per game on the PK last year. Van clearly targeted dmen this offseason, that excel (like 98 percentile) at killing penalties. I don't mind Xhekaj, but where his game is at right now, vs what Tocchet wants from his 3rd pairing, just doesn't line up.

Poolman's 2.5 mil isn't a big deal, and the last thing Van should be doing is moving quality assets for 1 season of a fairly insignificant caphit. They have a full roster now that fits under the cap. They will put him on LTIR and wait to add at the deadline.

Reactions: Kearns and dgibb10

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He doesn't look good when you watch him either.

Again:

Over the last 2 years, arber xhekaj has had the 4th easiest minutes in hockey. Right around another young enforcer dman in Tyler Tucker.

View attachment 896910

Despite these very easy minutes, arber Xhekaj still can't stay out of the box, posting one of the worst penalty differentials in hockey over that time
View attachment 896911

You'd think, commiting so many penalties, he'd have good defensive results. But no. 44.4% xGoals share. And this ranks incredibly low on MTL, which is already a dogshit defensive team
View attachment 896912

Is Tyler Tucker worth a 1st?

If he doesn't need sheltered minutes why does he play such sheltered minutes?

View attachment 896914

Does Martin St Louis just like to watch Kaiden Guhle suffer for shits and giggles or something?

You do know you're just proving my point, right?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
The eye test says he's dogshit as well, the numbers just back it up.

Unfortunately I cannot add, nor would you watch, hours upon hours of his dogshit play, on this site.

I get it, fans fall in love with the enforcer. It's easy to be okay with his ineffectiveness at actual hockey when you aren't winning shit anyways. And even more so when they're young and you can convince yourself he'll magically become an effective dman.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Habs don’t need picks and young top 9 players? News to me. Aren’t you still in a rebuild?

Yeah I can see the risk of trading him for sure, from a Habs perspective.

Barf
We're trying to exit the rebuild now. Hoglander doesn't add much that we don't already have and a late 1st isn't appealing.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
If your using words like AHL, less erratic, capable of PP time (but doesn’t even get PP time) improving defensively.

Doesn’t make a good case for Xhekaj becoming anything more than a 6th or 7th defender.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I must be missing something Hoglander is a top 6 winger option now that he had a breakout season, a 1st is just that a 1st which GM’s covet.

Why would Vancouver give that up plus an extra mid round pick for a 3rd line center Evans that’s a year away from UFA and a bruiser defender in Arber Xhekaj who will likely end up on IR again due to his style of play.

Vancouver would be trading off Poolman on LTIR for Xhekaj on IR or LTIR.

I don’t see why Vancouver gives up so much value for so little value in return.
It's awful unless Xhekaj becomes a top 4 guy. Not an everyday player for a 1st and 20g scorer. Awful

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Unfortunately I cannot add, nor would you watch, hours upon hours of his dogshit play, on this site.

I get it, fans fall in love with the enforcer. It's easy to be okay with his ineffectiveness at actual hockey when you aren't winning shit anyways. And even more so when they're young and you can convince yourself he'll magically become an effective dman.

Imagine thinking him fighting is why we like Xhekaj. Pure lunacy.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Another dumb post in an ever growing list of them by you.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So Xhekaj is the one player in the NHL where every single stat about him is wrong?

Xhekaj is the one player I would favor relying on stats over my eyes, He's a guy who dishes out big hits and protects his teammates. Any fan of the team would see that and let their heart overrule their brain.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Imagine thinking him fighting is why we like Xhekaj. Pure lunacy.
I can't think of any other aspect of his game to like.

He again, cannot take difficult matchups.
He again, cannot stay out of the box.
He again, cannot defend effectively even against mostly 4th line grinder competition
He again, cannot contribute on either special teams unit.

He's Tyler Tucker with the Canadiens fanbase hype train around him

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Necas is a top 6 forward

I know, I was just being sarcastic as I think he’s kinda over rated.

Believe that was one of the asks for Guentzel

Yeah I believe it when you see what Guentzel returned last year. Carolina got him without giving up a 1st, what a steal for them. Obviously that was a rental Guentzel which brought the price down but still.

Hoglander if he plays like last year + a 1st can definitely get something really good for Vancouver at the deadline. That player probably will be a rental but if the Nucks think they can sign said player that would be a good trade.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
As a Habs fan, I'd refuse, based on the fact that we kind of need Xhekaj and what he brings, but I most say, good effort OP

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
So Xhekaj is the one player in the NHL where every single stat about him is wrong?

Xhekaj is the one player I would favor relying on stats over my eyes, He's a guy who dishes out big hits and protects his teammates. Any fan of the team would see that and let their heart overrule their brain.
If MTL wants to keep a face puncher/physical guy around maybe they should have tried Brendan Smith.

Veteran and elite penalty killer.

He sucks at every other aspect of hockey but he would have at least helped MTLs utterly atrocious PK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad