Value of: Vancouver’s 2022 first round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
fomer 9OA Krav for a lottery-top 10 1st

upload_2021-11-18_17-26-43.gif

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Vancouver is only in their current predicament because of pro scouting

The top 2 prospects on defense for this draft are both right shot studs

They would be nuts, like I've already penciled in Nemec or Jiricek to the canucks at this point.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wright for your teams 3C. Who could say no?
I’d definitely send them Jost or JTC (or both) for Vancouver’s 2022 1st round pick.

Benning would terrify me as the GM of a team I liked. Thankfully, I don’t like Vancouver.

there is a 0.00% chance he trades Vancouver’s 2022 1st round pick. No way Ownership would allow that.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Michael Rasmussen and Filip Zadina for Vancouver's 1st and Nils Hoglander. :sarcasm:
You could remove that 1st round pick from Vancouver and it’s still a trade Benning shouldn’t make.

only one of those three names looks like he’ll develop into a good top six player.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
You could remove that 1st round pick from Vancouver and it’s still a trade Benning shouldn’t make.

only one of those three names looks like he’ll develop into a good top six player.

I was making a joke, my man. Hence why I used the ":sarcasm:"

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Canucks have already built through the draft. They need a GM now that can finish the roster

Pettersson
Hughes
Horvat
Demko
Boeser
Hoglander
Podkolzin

I'm not advocating they trade their 1st round pick, but I wouldnt be opposed to it ( protected of course) if they can land a stud young RD.

Then they need to have good scouting and player development with the rest of their late draft picks.
Unless some team is certain Vancouver will suck for the next two seasons, no team would trade a stud RHD for a protected 1st in 2022. Unless your definition of stud is quite loose. But a top pair level guy? No way. They’d want to know they were getting the 2022 1st with assumption it’s a lottery pick.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Canucks didnt deal Anderson they dealt the pick. who knows if Anderson was even in their radar.

Why pick Anderson? Might as well say the Canucks traded Kaprizov, Cirelli, Garland etc since all those guys were available with that pick.

So Jim Benning, "draft extraordinaire" with his "eye for talent" doesn't actually trust himself to find good players with draft picks? The one thing Benning was supposed to be good at, he just doesn't do.

So somehow, "the Canucks wouldn't have used the draft pick well" is a defence of Benning? Lmao.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I’m also making a joke. But Mine is meaner.

Vancouver got a better player from round 2 than two of Detroit’s recent top 10 overall picks.

To be fair, that 2nd round player is doing better this season than 3 of the guys Vancouver picked in the top 10 as well. (Podkolzin, Pettersson and Juolevi) Hoglander is only doing better than Zadina and Rasmussen in comparison.

The other top 10 picks from recent years would be 1st and 3rd in scoring on Vancouver right now. :thumbu:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I’d definitely send them Jost or JTC (or both) for Vancouver’s 2022 1st round pick.

Benning would terrify me as the GM of a team I liked. Thankfully, I don’t like Vancouver.

there is a 0.00% chance he trades Vancouver’s 2022 1st round pick. No way Ownership would allow that.

Yah... I wish you were right here, but I'm afraid your underestimating how f***ing stupid our ownership is.....

Reactions: Homer J Benning

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
All other Pacific teams , please please please trade that 1st.

Live with the pain of a few bad years and use drafted assets to fill in the holes , sign needed free agents to complete the roster.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yah... I wish you were right here, but I'm afraid your underestimating how f***ing stupid our ownership is.....
Shane Wright is so good I don’t think any lottery team will roll those dice. You guys will soon make the home games so inhospitable to Benning and Green, the optics and bad Canadian press will force ownerships hands and fire these two.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Lots to complain about in regards to Benning, his history of trading away any 1st round picks isnt one of them. It got them:

JT Miller
Conor Garland

You are absolutely wrong.

Benning has traded his last 2 first round draft picks, 2 seconds and 2 thirds....has a completely barren prospect system...his team is capped out ....and is still a bad team falling out of playoff contention.

Reactions: JTmillerForA1stLOL

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Canucks have already built through the draft. They need a GM now that can finish the roster

Pettersson
Hughes
Horvat
Demko
Boeser
Hoglander
Podkolzin

I'm not advocating they trade their 1st round pick, but I wouldnt be opposed to it ( protected of course) if they can land a stud young RD.

Then they need to have good scouting and player development with the rest of their late draft picks.

Why do Benning and fans like you like act like the Canucks are the only team that drafts and develops decent young players? In fact most teams do it better than Vancouver.

The Canucks prospect system is empty.

Non playoff teams should never be traing away first round picks, let alone 3 years in a row!

Its ridiculous. Its nothing more than an incompetent, desperate GM trying to save his job.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
i dont care about prospect pools when our roster is filled with u25 players we can build around for the next decade. prospects are magic beans. Then you also have guys like Hoglander and Podkolzin who are 20 yrs old

We also have promising player in the system

Rathbone
Klimovich
Lockwood
Woo
Dipetro

OMG wake up. That is one of the worst prospect lists in the NHL.

Reactions: Canucklehead94

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017

Ownership is desperate for playoff revenue and Benning is desperate to save his job. Its absolutely in play....its the only real chip they have left to trade to make the playoffs this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad