Value of: Vancouver’s 2022 first round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Krav is worth a 2nd at most

See Nikita Filatov

No, b'c Rangers can wait until there is varsity roster spot, and showcase.
Then his value will go up or down based on performance over sufficient sample size demonstration.

This is a guy who set KHL record last season.
This is not a no talent bum

A high 1st or equivalent
no less

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No, b'c Rangers can wait until there is varsity roster spot, and showcase.
Then his value will go up or down based on performance over sufficient sample size demonstration.

This is a guy who set KHL record last season.
This is not a no talent bum

A high 1st or equivalent
no less

Just like Buchnevich would get a top 10 draft pick right buddy?

How'd that prediction work out for ya again?........

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Canucks have already built through the draft. They need a GM now that can finish the roster

Pettersson
Hughes
Horvat
Demko
Boeser
Hoglander
Podkolzin

I'm not advocating they trade their 1st round pick, but I wouldnt be opposed to it ( protected of course) if they can land a stud young RD.

Then they need to have good scouting and player development with the rest of their late draft picks.

I'm sure you know that's unrealistic, but just to confirm: absolutely no team in the league is going to trade a stud young RD, one of the most impossibly rare commodities in the NHL, for just a protected 1st round pick.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just like Buchnevich would get a top 10 draft pick right buddy?

How'd that prediction work out for ya again?........

supposedly Oil were willing to go there/that neighborhood over last coupla yrs. [a 1st which wound up being in that area]

As to prediction, hey, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink.

If they don't listen to me, I refuse to get aggravated.
In the end I am often proved correct.

cases in pt:
we should have moved Buch for a 1st
we should not have done idiot swing at playoffs last year when everybody and his brother knew we'd come up short, and should have sold guys like Brendan Smith for a 4th and given youth more NHL exposure.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
supposedly Oil were willing to go there/that neighborhood over last coupla yrs. [a 1st which wound up being in that area]

As to prediction, hey, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink.

If they don't listen to me, I refuse to get aggravated.
In the end I am often proved correct.

cases in pt:
we should have moved Buch for a 1st
we should not have done idiot swing at playoffs last year when everybody and his brother knew we'd come up short, and should have sold guys like Brendan Smith for a 4th and given youth more NHL exposure.

Yah and we should be able to get one of your top young players if were trading one of Boeser or Pettersson, see I can do that too.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I'm sure you know that's unrealistic, but just to confirm: absolutely no team in the league is going to trade a stud young RD, one of the most impossibly rare commodities in the NHL, for just a protected 1st round pick.

Don't bother he still thinks that we are on the brink of winning and that our team isn't a complete disaster that is way beyond a simple trade for a RHD.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yah and we should be able to get one of your top young players if were trading one of Boeser or Pettersson, see I can do that too.

Yes IF we were trading for Pett, [no on Boeser as a win now expiring rental] you certainly should get one or more of my elcs b'c that is youth for youth. Howev, Trouba's 8m per now and Fox's 9.5 next yr says not so fast in ANY event.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The value is there but was the risk worth it? This team is not trending in the right direction and there's no more youth in the pipeline to give us any further hope. We're already missing our 2nd this year and Lord knows what happens with our 1st while Benning digs in further.

This franchise is a mess and trading away 1sts is not working out. Just because the value is acceptable doesn't mean it was a good trade.

The play now is to flip those assets for a better return than we paid.

Miller should be worth a mid 1st and A prospect.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Don't bother he still thinks that we are on the brink of winning and that our team isn't a complete disaster that is way beyond a simple trade for a RHD.

Current predictions give Vancouver less than a 10% chance of making the playoffs. I haven't watched Vancouver in years but I do believe Benning's track record over his tenure speaks for itself. Competitiveness is the outlier for Benning, not lottery teams, so statistically this appears to be comparable with some of his other slimy bowel movements.

I know what it's like to be a fan of a team with terrible, meddling ownership. I don't wish it on anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad