Proposal: Vancouer - New Jersey (Garland and Myers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I have to be honest, I hardley ever watch the Cannucks. But what you guys write about him,sounds like Subban:
Not worth his contract, but he would leave a hole in the lineup, when taken out.
In the Devils case Subban doesn't harm them, as they are still way below the cap. So no need to get rid of him. His trade value is still very much negativ.

Myers has been a pleasant surprise this season. Personally, I haven't really minded him his entire tenure as a Canuck, but this season he's playing lights out especially under Boudreau. I don't really see why we would want to move him, he's currently our best RHD. He only has 2 seasons left at 6mil, I don't really see his contract as a problem at all.

I mean, I would move him if it made sense, and if we brought in other players to fill his minutes. But, I'd also be happy to hang on to the guy.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Myers has been a pleasant surprise this season. Personally, I haven't really minded him his entire tenure as a Canuck, but this season he's playing lights out especially under Boudreau. I don't really see why we would want to move him, he's currently our best RHD. He only has 2 seasons left at 6mil, I don't really see his contract as a problem at all.

I mean, I would move him if it made sense, and if we brought in other players to fill his minutes. But, I'd also be happy to hang on to the guy.
Agreed, I'd move him if it cost little to nothing but other than that he's been pretty decent under Boudreau. When you look around the league at RD most teams don't have much depth there.

Royal Puck

Mar 6, 2015
Spit ballin a completely random idea here..

What if the Canucks acquire Subban with retention in part of a deal for Garland..

My thought process behind it being his contract next year should be significantly less, and it could possibly help the Canucks shed some cap. Say he signs for 2 years at a good price... they get a RD (which they need) and save some money.

If the signing price for him is higher than expected, you let him walk and take the cap space.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

What if the Canucks acquire Subban with retention in part of a deal for Garland..

My thought process behind it being his contract next year should be significantly less, and it could possibly help the Canucks shed some cap. Say he signs for 2 years at a good price... they get a RD (which they need) and save some money.

If the signing price for him is higher than expected, you let him walk and take the cap space.
Garland isn’t a piece we send to shed cap. So no thanks. However, if it was something around an actual cap dump like poolman/Dickinson and/or Myers would waive then maybe subban.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanucks25 and BWJM

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Garland isn’t a piece we send to shed cap. So no thanks. However, if it was something around an actual cap dump like poolman/Dickinson and/or Myers would waive then maybe subban.

I agree that Garland shouldn't be used as part of a cap dump trade.

As for Subban, interesting target in the off-season but wouldn't give up any asset for him. If he's willing to sign a cheap 1-year deal here because there's a chance he could earn significant minutes if he plays well, sure.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Is Jersey going for the record in RD spending?

Hamilton & Subban both @ 9 million
Severson @ 4.16

wtf do they need Myers @ 6 for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad