Proposal: Van-Wsh (mid-season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
In the event that the Washington Capitals are highly seeded team come second half of the season as we all expect and that Vancouver is a bottom feeder still in full rebuild.

Washington Sends: Andre Burakovsky, Lars Eller, Ilya Samsonov, 2017 1st round pick & Brooks Orpik

Vancouver Sends: Daniel Sedin & Henrik Sedin (50% retained) & 2018 2nd round pick

Breakdown: obviously an extremely difficult if not impossible maneuver to trade for a Sedin, I assume they would never want to play separately or I would have proposed Daniel alone but I know that it is unlikely either would waive their NMC unless they both went.

For Vancouver- they say goodbye to their franchise faces and allow them their best chance to be world champions, in return they receive good young forward talent in A.B & Eller (not young but in prime non the less) and get Washington's best goalie prospect to Mortgage the Markstrom project, they also take on Orpiks Cap to make deal work (possible mentor for canucks young D). Also receive a pick most likely 25-30 youd think.

For Washington- they go full in, Ovechkin isn't getting younger and if they are going to beat the likes of the Penguins and other Metro foe and reach the ECF or SCF they give themselves a 2 year gap to go full in on it while its hot. They give up a lot but receive two of the best pros for their playoff pushes.

Washington takes on 7 mil from sedin A and 3.5 from Sedin B = 10.5 Mil
Vancouver takes on 5.5 mil from Orpik,3.5 from Eller and about a mil for Burakov = 10 mil .. so cap issues should be taken care of

WSH: Ovechkin-Backstrom -Oshie
Williams-Kuznetsov- Vrana?
Sedin- Sedin- Mojo
Winnik- Beagle- Wilson

Alzner-Nisk
Orlov-Carlson
Chorney-Schmidt

**who doesn't want to see both Sedins and Ovi raise trophy for first time together cmon now

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Vancouver has absolutely 0 use for Eller, Orpik or Samsonov.

We're not trading Henrik + Daniel at 50% for Burakovsky and moving up ~5 spots in the draft from our 2nd to their 1st.

Unbelievably bad proposal.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Vancouver has absolutely 0 use for Eller, Orpik or Samsonov.

We're not trading Henrik + Daniel at 50% for Burakovsky and moving up ~5 spots in the draft from our 2nd to their 1st.

Unbelievably bad proposal.

Samsonov is not useless to us at all. Just because we have Demko doesn't mean he's a guarantee, Samsonov is arguably the best goalie prospect in the world.... Same could be said of Demko, but regardless there isn't a team in the league that would deem Samsonov useless.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Terrible for Vancouver. Need a surefire top prospect back and Burakovsky won't cut it.

Samsonov was the top prospect in this scenario, many people have him way at the top of G prospect lists. Burakovsky is going to be a breakout player IMO and the 1st round pick regardless of # combined with VAN own 1st round pick is a great sight going into 2017-2018 season. Eller is a good 3C as well nothing special but canucks def have a spot on roster for him.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I don't believe you can retain a full contract in a trade.. 50% is the highest isn't it ??

So we could retain 7 million altogether and 7 million would be going to the Caps.

I also want to ask why we're giving up a second because that's a peeve of mine with the current management.. We constantly give up second rounders..

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
washington should reject this. although yes the sedins are great it puts them in cap heck for them having to resign a bunch of players next year

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Samsonov was the top prospect in this scenario, many people have him way at the top of G prospect lists. Burakovsky is going to be a breakout player IMO and the 1st round pick regardless of # combined with VAN own 1st round pick is a great sight going into 2017-2018 season. Eller is a good 3C as well nothing special but canucks def have a spot on roster for him.

What? We are loaded with middle six players, including C, why do we have a roster spot for him? Did you even look at team needs before making this proposal?

If we put Hank and Dank on the trade block (which will never happen by the way) and we retain 50% we can get a better return than that, and there is no way we throw a 2nd round pick in as well.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Thats a good proposal for Wsh to take a run at the Cup, clear some salary to resign Oshie and when is Kuznetsov due?

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
Thats a good proposal for Wsh to take a run at the Cup, clear some salary to resign Oshie and when is Kuznetsov due?

Washington has everyone this year. Williams, oshie, alzner, and others free agents. Kuznetsov, burakovsky, Schmidt and grubauer are rfa

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
What? We are loaded with middle six players, including C, why do we have a roster spot for him? Did you even look at team needs before making this proposal?

If we put Hank and Dank on the trade block (which will never happen by the way) and we retain 50% we can get a better return than that, and there is no way we throw a 2nd round pick in as well.

Would you be happier with the package offered here or would you rather them get their points for the next 2 years on a non playoff team and walk? Im aware that they aren't really ever going to be "on the block" because it is a ridic task to trade both but if you are VAN you aren't going to get a better package, maybe the 2nd round pick can be withdrawn id be fine w that edit.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Samsonov is not useless to us at all. Just because we have Demko doesn't mean he's a guarantee, Samsonov is arguably the best goalie prospect in the world.... Same could be said of Demko, but regardless there isn't a team in the league that would deem Samsonov useless.

Perhaps useless was too strong a term, but we simply don't have enough room to give several high end goalie prospects the playing time they deserve. We would just end up getting rid of one down the road at well below market value.

Either way, high end goalie prospects are not something we would be targetting. We have about a million holes to fill in our prospect pool before we start doubling up on blue chip goalie prospects.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Would you be happier with the package offered here or would you rather them get their points for the next 2 years on a non playoff team and walk? Im aware that they aren't really ever going to be "on the block" because it is a ridic task to trade both but if you are VAN you aren't going to get a better package, maybe the 2nd round pick can be withdrawn id be fine w that edit.

We were a playoff team last year up until March Bud, (then we lost our two best Dmen and went on the worst losing streak of the year) next year we will be even better with the addition of Gudbranson and Eriksson. I'm not worried about that, and if I'm the GM I don't take a package of redundant players for two guys who can put 60-70 points a year at 50% retained even with their age we could absolutely get more than what you offered. Also the Sedins have NMC you are aware of that right?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Our biggest needs are scoring, blue line and especially a replacement for H. Sedin, why the **** would we trade for a position of strength?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
A late first? Ok, that's a fair piece to include.
A prospect that I see many Caps fans haven't been excited about for a little while? Sure, he's still got some value!
A high tier goalie prospect? Not the piece I'd ask for, but sure...it adds value...
Eller and Orpik? Yeah, the Capitals need to offload some salary to add 7 million, I guess.

None of those pieces I could say I'm excited about. I know this site has a huge problem with anyone over the age of being able to play in the OHL, but let's be real here, at worst you're getting two elite second line players (on Washington). I don't care about the Capitals' financial or cap situation, holding 7 million, taking 9 million in cap and getting a prospect that's a bit risky and another that doesn't fill a need isn't enough to get the conversation started.

I understand we'll have to both hold cap for this year and next, and that cap dumps will be incoming, but teams pay a premium for doing both, and essentially writing off this year (when the trade is made) isn't the message Benning wants to send.

That and Orpik's contract...my goodness, 3 years at 5.5? You're gaining cap space and we're getting a years worth of a higher contract too. I'm not saying he's not worth the money, but if he's earning that contract, he is contradicting the idea behind the trade.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
What are you even talking about?

I've seen him in a number of proposals, I've been under the assumption that he's lost some luster in the eyes of some Capitals fans...have I been getting an inaccurate picture on Burakovsky? I'm entirely underprepared to comment on his play, short of looking at his stats.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Agree he is not useless but remove him and throw in Bowey and it becomes more interesting

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
I've seen him in a number of proposals, I've been under the assumption that he's lost some luster in the eyes of some Capitals fans...have I been getting an inaccurate picture on Burakovsky? I'm entirely underprepared to comment on his play, short of looking at his stats.

Does the fact that Nylander of the leafs involved in a lot of proposals mean that leafs fans aren't high on him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad