Proposal: VAN-SJ

JiriBubla1972

Jul 19, 2022
I would prefer to trade Michayev and a 2nd for Kostin if possible. Be a great 3rd line winger. Big, Hits everything that moves, and has some scoring touch.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would prefer to trade Michayev and a 2nd for Kostin if possible. Be a great 3rd line winger. Big, Hits everything that moves, and has some scoring touch.
I think it's possible to have Kostin involved but the trade value of Knyzhov and Kostin are not the same. Knyzhov is a minor leaguer due to his injury history. Kostin showed a flash of being a regular NHL'er with how he finished the season as a Shark. While he's not some untouchable, he's not going to be treated as a throw-in right now. He provides value to a team about to get a huge influx of young talent.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Then you have to upgrade the pick. We’d like to keep Kostin for the same reason you want him.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Canucks aren’t getting rid of that contract for a late 2nd round pick. Not a chance.

… and this guy is asking for an asset. 🤦🏽‍♂️

beardo

Jan 29, 2024
Canucks aren’t getting rid of that contract for a late 2nd round pick. Not a chance.

Look up picks acquired to take on bad contracts during the flat cap, a 2nd is pretty fair with the cap going up.

JiriBubla1972

Jul 19, 2022

Ohhh so now Kostin is an asset.......when every NHL team passed on him when he was on waivers? He is a reclamation project. I love how Michayev is seen as negative value because of his contract, he would help the Sharks and has more value than Kostin. His contract is not great, but not terrible and is only for 2 seasons. SJ would be getting the better player and a 2nd round pick, and can easily fit him with their cap situation.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ohhh so now Kostin is an asset.......when every NHL team passed on him when he was on waivers? He is a reclamation project. I love how Michayev is seen as negative value because of his contract, he would help the Sharks and has more value than Kostin. His contract is not great, but not terrible and is only for 2 seasons. SJ would be getting the better player and a 2nd round pick, and can easily fit him with their cap situation.
It’s fine if you don’t want to give up value for Kostin, but he played well with the Sharks and has size and some offensive pop. He has some value to us and we don’t want to give him up for nothing.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I think most Sharks fans have Rutta's value at around a 3rd rounder and if it's preferred to have him in there, I think they'd need to add that pick on top of the 2nd.
2nd + Mikheyev + for Rutta????? For a rebuilding team you sure value your assets highly.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
2nd + Mikheyev + for Rutta????? For a rebuilding team you sure value your assets highly.
Just one poster. I personally would give up Rutta for free if Benning is healthy. I think Rutta is a basically neutral asset in that he’s a little overpaid but he’s a steady third pairing RHD with good size and Stanley Cup experience that most teams would have time for.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Just one poster. I personally would give up Rutta for free if Benning is healthy. I think Rutta is a basically neutral asset in that he’s a little overpaid but he’s a steady third pairing RHD with good size and Stanley Cup experience that most teams would have time for.
Our D is in such disarray and they can either play random vets or actually see what Thompson and Shakir can do. I think having someone like Ruuta, who still seems interested in playing well be a mentor is better than having Vlasic.

Last edited:

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008

If he's that great of value just keep your 4.75mil per year 30 pt player. Sharks might have the cap space but have no reason outside of the sweetener offered to add that 4.75 mil bottom 6 forward. Also I doubt the sharks waive Kostin after his 10 pt in 19 game stretch while showing the grit that GMMG has been looking for. Personally id much rather have Kostin over Ilya after seeing the sample size showing we seen at the end of the year. Being on waivers from prior teams doesn't matter as it's all about the WIIFMN and it looked good to end the year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Enjoy your wasteland of a blueline.
You really think Hronek is going to do anything with what our blue line is likely to be? I don't. And a wasteland of a blue line that gets us a top five pick next draft is still preferable to giving Hronek 8x7 or 8x7.5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad