Post-Game Talk: Van Ryn's system and Jones hand another loss

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1705805748741.png

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is going to be a thing against fast team. We are not a great skating team and our D are terribly slow
Brodie and Gio can be expected to take penalties, they have lost their legs

This Leafs team doesn't really excel at hockey other than maybe the 6 on 5 goalie pulled shooting gallery where they look dynamite. Doesn't seem like it's built or coached to really excel at any aspect of the sport. Weakness everywhere, in all zones, all positions, most situations.

I'd just fire Keefe, get Berube in here to start revamping the culture, clear some cap and start getting ready for what is a good offseason retool.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
In the first period, I made a post saying that someone had to take a run at Myers because he was going to injure a Leaf player tonight.

That cross-check on Rielly was disgusting.

Reactions: authentic

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Our forwards are very good. Our everything else is not.

This is definitely the worst Leafs team in years. We need a new coach, and improvements on D, but can’t say I trust Tre with either of those things.
Even the forwards, as a group of 12, aren't that great.

Reactions: rumman

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
There's nothing about that loss to Vancouver that was unexpected.

From the shitty Leaf effort to start the game, the little miracle comeback burst courtesy of score effects. Terrible and aimless special teams, increasingly unreliable goaltending from Jones, weak defensive coverage, blowing it late in the third, over-use and weak defense by Giordano, inconsistent star impact... it was basically just your standard 2023-24 roller coaster Leaf ride and you want to vomit after.
Idk I am a bit surprised they dominated the mighty vancouver canucks for 2 periods

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Leafs should be sellers at the deadline. Just punt this year, recoup some assets, keep the 1st round pick, (the leafs' scouts seem to be drafting well) and see what happens next year.

They are clearly on the decline right now
I thought going in they’d be sellers, but who do they sell? Benoit might be their biggest trade assset.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If I'm the Leafs coach, both Domi and Giordano are HEALTHY SCRATCHES tomorrow !!!

Both took NEEDLESS and VERY STUPID crosschecking penalties in the 3rd tied at 4 - 4 !!! They handed the Canucks the 2 points and took away any chance that their team might earn a LOSER point after a horrendous 1st period !!!

Our Leafs need to start shooting the puck more on the PP too. Demko was beatable, but good when needed.

I hate our Leaf players, but NOT the crest !!!

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think coaching is your guys issue, the defense and depth is definitely holding your team back, our bottom 6 outplayed yours by a mile, although your top 3 players played great. Once Woll comes back and if you can get a top 4 RHD and some bottom six depth this team will be extremely tough to beat IMO.
Coaching is definitely a major issue. The team never comes ready to play, as you saw tonight going down 3-0 in the first. It's on the coach to get the guys ready to play each night. Slow starts have always been a problem under Keefe, especially at home.

PeteBestondrums

Jul 1, 2023
Imagine how bad Gio and Brodie will look by game 80? Yikes.
Our D and G are underwhelming outside of Reilly, Benoit and Woll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad