Value of: Van/Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I’d say your guy is worth more. But 2 to 1. That’s Fing crazy. Tkachuk is a first line winger on your roster in Vancouver. He’s your second best forward. He’s worth more than Horvath, Boeser or Miller. Also not arguable.
He’s not better than any of those guys right now. He would be the 5th best forward on our roster.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He’s not better than any of those guys right now. He would be the 5th best forward on our roster.
He’s better than all of them(but Eicksson) now and certainly will be in a year or two.

plus he’s a rare power forward in an era with precious few good ones. Horvath and Boeser offer more common and replaceable skill sets.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He’s better than all of them(but Eicksson) now and certainly will be in a year or two.

plus he’s a rare power forward in an era with precious few good ones. Horvath and Boeser offer more common and replaceable skill sets.
Just being a powerforward doesn’t make him better than Bo Horvat. Tkachuk is a 45-50 point forward at this point. Horvat is a 60-65 point two way forward that brings a lot more than just scoring. On top of that he is a playoff beast. That’s more than what Tkachuk brings right now.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
Just being a powerforward doesn’t make him better than Bo Horvat. Tkachuk is a 45-50 point forward at this point. Horvat is a 60-65 point two way forward that brings a lot more than just scoring. On top of that he is a playoff beast. That’s more than what Tkachuk brings right now.

I agree with several of the statements you've made in this thread, but "Horvat is a playoff beast" is just lunacy, lol. Guy has 23 playoff games under his belt after 7 seasons in the NHL. He has 16 points in 23 games, which is decent, but absolutely nothing outstanding - and nothing extraordinary in terms of other factors or intangibles, lol.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There isn’t on GM in the NHL that trades Tkachuk for Horvat. And switch their teams and you’ll see their point totals drastically change. Vancouver has far more weapons and underachieves.

Ottawa has hardly any NHL ready talent and performs like it.

horvat is the C on the team that is underachieving.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
There isn’t on GM in the NHL that trades Tkachuk for Horvat. And switch their teams and you’ll see their point totals drastically change. Vancouver has far more weapons and underachieves.

Ottawa has hardly any NHL ready talent and performs like it.

horvat is the C on the team that is underachieving.
Their value has nothing to do with how good they are right now. Of course Tkachuk has higher value. He’s 21 and will probably be better in a few years. Doesn’t mean he’s a better player now.

Horvat plays on a good offensive team but has had terrible linemates over the years. He’s had to deal with bums like Loui Eriksson on his line A LOT.

Horvat was the captain of a team that won 2 playoff series and was 1 goal away from beating Vegas and making it to the Conference Final. He was a crucial part of that team, with clutch goal after clutch goal.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I agree with several of the statements you've made in this thread, but "Horvat is a playoff beast" is just lunacy, lol. Guy has 23 playoff games under his belt after 7 seasons in the NHL. He has 16 points in 23 games, which is decent, but absolutely nothing outstanding - and nothing extraordinary in terms of other factors or intangibles, lol.
This includes his stats from when he was a 19 year old rookie. He didn’t score much in that series against the Flames but he was one of our best players.

Horvat was an absolute beast in the Canucks bubble playoff run.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I've been wondering if there was a deal that could send Tkachuk to the Canucks that would work for both teams.
Something around Miller + Myers +? For Tkachuk and Zub

Thoughts? Something plausible, or could never happen?
:laugh: :laugh: Overvalue J T Miller and Myers much? That's a trash offer for Tkachuk and Zub. Myers is meh and Miller really, Tkachuk will add between $8,000,000 to $9,000,000 x 7 Quinn Hughes at least 8 x $8,000,000 Pettersson 3 x $7,500,000 good luck not being in cap hell for the foreseeable future. Then Brock Boeser gets a huge contract next summer probably in the 8 x $7,500,000 range.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
This includes his stats from when he was a 19 year old rookie. He didn’t score much in that series against the Flames but he was one of our best players.

Horvat was an absolute beast in the Canucks bubble playoff run.

This is definitely not a sample size that's big enough to determine that someone's a "playoff beast", lol. Not that there's any kind of official definition out there, but the guy has the most vanilla definition of a playoff performer out there since, to begin with, he never makes the playoffs anyway, lol.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Wait. What has Brady done tho? Sens fans are smoking something if they think he’s on Petey or hugs level. What has he done ?!?

Brady is ranked 19th in Yahoo Fantasy among forwards this year.

Yahoo fantasy rankings aren't the be all end all by any means, but to be ranked that high, he must have done something and/or people must see something in him. It's not just Sens fans.

FTR, Elias is ranked 34th among forwards. I certainly expect him to outproduce Brady in points though.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Brady is ranked 19th in Yahoo Fantasy among forwards this year.

Yahoo fantasy rankings aren't the be all end all by any means, but to be ranked that high, he must have done something and/or people must see something in him. It's not just Sens fans.

FTR, Elias is ranked 34th among forwards. I certainly expect him to outproduce Brady in points though.
Yahoo Fantasy rankings should have absolutely no say in judging a forward. If you take Brady 19th best of luck in your leage.

Reactions: tilly123123

Bond

May 10, 2012
Awful offer for Ottawa but lol at Tkachuk being worth Petersson. I'd trade the better Tkachuk for Peterrson easily.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Yes. I agree with the poster you replied to that Brady is not on Pettersson's level, and then replied to you by saying how just because Yahoo ranked him highly doesn't really mean anything.

You missed the point then, but ok.

The poster asked what Brady has done to deserve to be 'ranked' so high, and that Sens fans must be crazy to think it. He even asked it twice in the post I replied to. I use the Yahoo rankings to explain that it clearly isn't just Sens fans thinking Brady has done something. IE: He can't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad