Value of: Van/Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Tkachuk is not being traded. And neither is Zub.

If by some fluke though, Tkachuk wanted out . . . Vancouver better be willing to offer Peterson or that negotiation isn't going anywhere.

I get that you guys like Tkachuk, I truly do, but really, comments like this are just trolling. Pettersson has much higher worth than Tkachuk, especially in a scenario where Tkachuk wanted out.

If he DID want out, you’d likely be looking at a return of Podkolzin/Hoglander, Myers, 1st or something like that. Which is a good package really. Tkachuk doesn’t really make sense to the Canucks though… I mean, I like him, but we’re so deep on forwards I’d rather use assets to rebuild our blue line.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Stop picking on us.

We already have the worst owner in sports, sandwiched between two rabid fan bases, the worst owner in sports, I could go on.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Stop picking on us.

We already have the worst owner in sports, sandwiched between two rabid fan bases, the worst owner in sports, I could go on.
He can redeem himself quickly by backing up his spend to the cap rants. He can start...now. Wait....now.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd love Tkachuk. I'd love Zub.

If it were my call from Ottawa, (for the benefit of the OP and anyone defending the trade) a player that clearly wants to win, and enjoys winning, and was upset at his team's condition and situation when they didn't win (and rightfully so) on but a short term contract with no connection to the franchise, the city or even the country my team is in, is not high on my priority list for a player I'd be considering a core piece. Let alone two.

And I love Miller's game.

I could give a crap less about Myers being included from this standpoint. He's not worth his cap hit, but he gets a lot of crap here. Considering Schmidt went for a third round pick twice in two years, I don't think Myers is worth anything really, so the value is still just Miller, at best, with a long term cap dump stapled on.

All that being said, Pettersson is not on the table, nor is Hughes, which immediately shuts down any talks of a trade for Tkachuk. Zub is less valuable, but not available for what's being offered so far.

Anyway, that's how I see this offer without my Canucks hat on my head. That is to say it's not good.

Reactions: Sen sational

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Stop picking on us.

I mean we're a close second for worst owner then. Plus our manager is a big an idiot as your last few guys combined.

We're not sandwiched between them, but all national media pumps out Leafs and Habs crap like Fox News for Hockey Fans ("Are the Canucks trying to trade Hughes for Kerfoot? How many first round picks will Vancouver include?") here too...so we feel your pain there too.

tilly123123

Nov 7, 2018
Vancouver
Wait. What has Brady done tho? Sens fans are smoking something if they think he’s on Petey or hugs level. What has he done ?!?

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I get that you guys like Tkachuk, I truly do, but really, comments like this are just trolling. Pettersson has much higher worth than Tkachuk, especially in a scenario where Tkachuk wanted out.

If he DID want out, you’d likely be looking at a return of Podkolzin/Hoglander, Myers, 1st or something like that. Which is a good package really. Tkachuk doesn’t really make sense to the Canucks though… I mean, I like him, but we’re so deep on forwards I’d rather use assets to rebuild our blue line.

But the Sens are the ones who'd be asking the price and if I was them, I'd demand someone like Pettersson.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I've been wondering if there was a deal that could send Tkachuk to the Canucks that would work for both teams.
Something around Miller + Myers +? For Tkachuk and Zub

Thoughts? Something plausible, or could never happen?
1824DD8E-8C21-4C7B-8F4F-1B8097607CF9.jpeg

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
No thanks, Tkachuk really does nothing for Vancouver.

I think EP40 probably goes for 2-3 assets of first round quality, Ottawa has nothing to offer that helps the Canucks win right now.

Sanderson + 1st round pick (unprotected) + another asset would be my offer. Also add in Tierney to replace a roster spot.

Canucks probably counter with a kings ransom of 1st, Sanderson & Pinto.

Again, not exactly sure what that does for a team like Vancouver that’s trying to win now, but Norris, Petey, Pinto down the middle is very solid.

Sidenote: love Petey, dynamic but the numbers are a little underwhelming for whatever the asking price will be.

He’s a PPG value player that has never been PPG.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think EP40 probably goes for 2-3 assets of first round quality, Ottawa has nothing to offer that helps the Canucks win right now.

Sanderson + 1st round pick (unprotected) + another asset would be my offer. Also add in Tierney to replace a roster spot.

Canucks probably counter with a kings ransom of 1st, Sanderson & Pinto.

Again, not exactly sure what that does for a team like Vancouver that’s trying to win now, but Norris, Petey, Pinto down the middle is very solid.

Sidenote: love Petey, dynamic but the numbers are a little underwhelming for whatever the asking price will be.

He’s a PPG value player that has never been PPG.
Extremely fair assessment

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I've been wondering if there was a deal that could send Tkachuk to the Canucks that would work for both teams.

And Zub, holy shit thats bad.

Sorry but there’s a massive difference between ppg Elias Pettersson and 50 point Brady Tkachuk.
While Pettersson has more value he has never played at a ppg pace Every season in Tkachuks career he has shown substantial improvement from the eye test and his advanced stats. He paced at over 50 points last year. Unfortunately you haven't painted an accurate picture.

The most outrageous point outside of the embarrassing proposal is suggesting Pettersson is worth two Brady Tkachuks. Pettersson also can't stay healthy. Which is a pretty big concern.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Hot garbage, if they were actually trading Tkachuk which they absolutely aren't. They would get a way better package than that.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

wait... what the f*** is that shit? That's a no from Ottawa, Perttersson or die

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hot garbage, if they were actually trading Tkachuk which they absolutely aren't. They would get a way better package than that.

Top prospect/ young top 6 forward, #4D / cap purposes, 1st. I don’t think you’d get all that much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad