Value of: Van/Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Top prospect/ young top 6 forward, #4D / cap purposes, 1st. I don’t think you’d get all that much more.
Myers is a cap dump. They'd get a more established player than Hoglund. He doesn't want out and isn't on the table. If s team wants him they'll have to pay. Sorry.

Sens will take Petterson for Pinto, Zaitsev and a first then if we're playing this game.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Myers is a cap dump. They'd get a more established player than Hoglund. He doesn't want out and isn't on the table. If s team wants him they'll have to pay. Sorry.

Sens will take Petterson for Pinto, Zaitsev and a first then if we're playing this game.

Sure, you could put someone like Garland in there instead. I would think the Sens would prefer a younger player in that scenario, keep in mind Hoglander scored 9 points less than Tkachuk last year as a rookie. He’s also a play driver, not a passenger.

I’m not saying you should like the deal, but if Tkachuk wanted out those are the types of offers you would have to decide between.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sure, you could put someone like Garland in there instead. I would think the Sens would prefer a younger player in that scenario, keep in mind Hoglander scored 9 points less than Tkachuk last year as a rookie. He’s also a play driver, not a passenger.

I’m not saying you should like the deal, but if Tkachuk wanted out those are the types of offers you would have to decide between.
No they wouldn't trade Tkachuk for Garland. End of story. They'd get a better asset. He doesn't want out either. Does Hughes and Pettersson want out?

Canucks fans clearly are unfamiliar with the Senators players. Stop suggesting Hoglund a tiny player is anywhere near the value of Tkachuk. 9 points over 56 games is substantial not to mention one player brings an element the other will never ever have the ability to.

Reactions: TeamRenzo

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
No they wouldn't trade Tkachuk for Garland. End of story. They'd get a better asset. He doesn't want out either. Does Hughes and Pettersson want out?

Canucks fans clearly are unfamiliar with the Senators players. Stop suggesting Hoglund a tiny player is anywhere near the value of Tkachuk. 9 points over 56 games is substantial not to mention one player brings an element the other will never ever have the ability to.

I don’t think Tkachuk wants out, I don’t think he’s getting traded. My statement was in response to if he DOES want out, that Pettersson / Hughes would be the ask from the Canucks.

When a star winger is traded it is usually for a package of draft picks and younger assets, or perhaps for another winger in a similar situation, or maybe a center / defenseman who is considered a tier below with a pick to top it up. That’s likely what would be coming back.

You can dislike the players I offered I suppose, but I did offer our top prospect (Podkolzin), a roster player in Myers (still a top 4 D, but about 2mil overpaid, mainly included for cap though), and an unprotected 1st. You’ll get similar offers from other teams, with different players, but you won’t get budding stars thrown on the table like Pettersson and Hughes, that is my point.

I should also add that we can’t afford Tkachuk, and hence don’t want him. As I said, we need to be focusing on our blue line.

Last edited:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I don’t think Tkachuk wants out, I don’t think he’s getting traded. My statement was in response to if he DOES want out, that Pettersson / Hughes would be the ask from the Canucks.

When a star winger is traded it is usually for a package of draft picks and younger assets, or perhaps for another winger in a similar situation, or maybe a center / defenseman who is considered a tier below with a pick to top it up. That’s likely what would be coming back.

You can dislike the players I offered I suppose, but I did offer our top prospect (Podkolzin), a roster player in Myers (still a top 4 D, but about 2mil overpaid, mainly included for cap though), and an unprotected 1st. You’ll get similar offers from other teams, with different players, but you won’t get budding stars thrown on the table like Pettersson and Hughes, that is my point.

I should also add that we can’t afford Tkachuk, and hence don’t want him. As I said, we need to be focusing on our blue line.
So if Pettersson wants out Ottawa can get him for an underwhelming package? That’s what your logic is dictating

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Barry Pederson? :D

I don't know if he was the last time but Tyler Seguin did.

Assen na yo!

That's not a bad example, but that's more of a deal centered around 2 x 1st round picks (one was 2 OA) and a 2nd. And, Toronto got pretty hosed there, as those picks ended up being Hamilton and Seguin haha..

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
So if Pettersson wants out Ottawa can get him for an underwhelming package? That’s what your logic is dictating

Pettersson probably isn't the best example, Boeser may be more comparable as he is a top line winger still under 25. If we decided to trade Boeser I think we'd be looking at a similar package as I suggested. I'd say Tkachuk probably has a bit more value than Boeser, so you may get some sort of top up there (maybe another 2nd?), but I just don't see it be worlds apart.

Pettersson, being a center with nearly a PPG over his first three seasons, simply carries more value. Why do we think an Eichel deal isn't done yet? Because the ask is too high relative to what teams are offering. I'm not saying OTT would / should accept an offer like that, but that is likely in the range you will receive.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
That's not a bad example, but that's more of a deal centered around 2 x 1st round picks (one was 2 OA) and a 2nd. And, Toronto got pretty hosed there, as those picks ended up being Hamilton and Seguin haha..

The Tyler Seguin trade was between Boston and Dallas. Toronto had nothing to do with it. And it didn't involve and picks, much less first rounders.

Assen na yo!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I've been wondering if there was a deal that could send Tkachuk to the Canucks that would work for both teams.
Something around Miller + Myers +? For Tkachuk and Zub

Thoughts? Something plausible, or could never happen?

OMG, is this a serious post or a joke.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Pettersson probably isn't the best example, Boeser may be more comparable as he is a top line winger still under 25. If we decided to trade Boeser I think we'd be looking at a similar package as I suggested. I'd say Tkachuk probably has a bit more value than Boeser, so you may get some sort of top up there (maybe another 2nd?), but I just don't see it be worlds apart.

Pettersson, being a center with nearly a PPG over his first three seasons, simply carries more value. Why do we think an Eichel deal isn't done yet? Because the ask is too high relative to what teams are offering. I'm not saying OTT would / should accept an offer like that, but that is likely in the range you will receive.
For the record I’m not an Ottawa fan. I was just curious to see if you’d apply to same logic to Vancouver players that you apply to other teams players.

Also, using Eichel is a bad example. There hasn’t been a deal there because the asking price is to high for a player with massive question marks regarding his health. It’s been mishandled from day 1. Teams simply don’t know what they’ll get in Eichel right now.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Keep Tkachuk Ottawa.
Though Pettersson is a far superior point producer and dangler etc etc Tkachuk is a leader, a warrior and intangibles generator so best for both teams to stay put and carry on.
Petey is just as much a leader as Brady. Like what criteria is Petey lacking? Ppg in or better in the playoffs SHL and NHL, doesn't take stupid penalties and is a play driver. Of those 3 what is Brady? And what does he have aside from being an agitator who shoots the puck from everywhere often costing his team while floats back. Ya real leader.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I've been wondering if there was a deal that could send Tkachuk to the Canucks that would work for both teams.
Something around Miller + Myers +? For Tkachuk and Zub

Thoughts? Something plausible, or could never happen?
Good lord...

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I think people need to understand that Tkachuk is our future captain and he's the heartbeat of the team. Very hard to find guys like him not only in the draft but available in UFA or available via trade. He has given the Sens an identity after we lost key players like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, etc. He's not a pure scorer or elite skater or all the other elements that make Pettersson great but he's a BEAST that shows tremendous leadership, grit and drags the team into the fight every night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prajna

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
I think people need to understand that Tkachuk is our future captain and he's the heartbeat of the team. Very hard to find guys like him not only in the draft but available in UFA or available via trade. He has given the Sens an identity after we lost key players like Stone, Karlsson, Pageau, etc. He's not a pure scorer or elite skater or all the other elements that make Pettersson great but he's a BEAST that shows tremendous leadership, grit and drags the team into the fight every night.

Agreed - maybe to put it another way for other fans, wouldn’t you say Tkachuk is the player Sens fans would want the most assets back for in a trade after Stutzle?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He’s worth 2 imo.

But he’s worth significantly more than one, that is not arguable.
I’d say your guy is worth more. But 2 to 1. That’s Fing crazy. Tkachuk is a first line winger on your roster in Vancouver. He’s your second best forward. He’s worth more than Horvath, Boeser or Miller. Also not arguable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad