Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] F Daniel Sprong signs with the Canucks (1 year, $975k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I like the signing, any move getting some scoring depth is a good one. But let's be real, other than the Detroit contract, dude's been near league minimum his entire career.
Lets see Tocc put that coach of the year thing to work and see what he can make of this guy.
Low risk, low reward.

Either he works out or he’s buriable. You can never have too much depth.

Bigger concern is how the defence is built and how he’s likely going to be on the ice with some less than stellar blue line coverage

Reactions: Regal

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Getting a player with identical production from last season to Skinner for 1/3 the cost will do that. Sprong being the better defensively of the two is actually crazy
Sprong is the worst defensive forward I have seen in Detroit in a long time. I find it hard to believe this statement. Evidence is also pretty strong with him being benched by every single coach he has had for it at some point.

Guy is incredible offensively with limited ice time and a good addition to PP2. Just never expect to be anything but angry with him in his own end. Every once in a while he back-checks a play okay, but he is usually out of his lane and lucky when that does happen.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Nice add by Alvin. Canucks have some very solid forward depth, and can run a number of different lineup options.

Add a top 4 puck moving defenseman, and that is a pretty complete lineup top to bottom.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
With the right linemates and playing time on the PP Sprong could score 30 maybe even surprise and score 35

While possible, if hes given that much opportunity its probably a bad sign. Hes essentially a 4th liner who can give quick offense, play up the line up in a pinch but is a defensive liablity and tends to wear off his welcome quick with franchises.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
While possible, if hes given that much opportunity its probably a bad sign. Hes essentially a 4th liner who can give quick offense, play up the line up in a pinch but is a defensive liablity and tends to wear off his welcome quick with franchises.
Zadorov and an AHL goalie nearly eliminated Edmonton, a little extra depth at forward was needed for that series.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
With the right linemates and playing time on the PP Sprong could score 30 maybe even surprise and score 35

You’ve fallen into the same trap every single other fanbase (there are quite a few now that have had the Sprong experience) who has had this dude and watched him shoot the puck and tried desperately to extrapolate his “scoring rates” into a bigger role.

A duck is a duck. For less than a million, you take those 20 goals and 40 points in a low-usage role and you are quite happy.

Reactions: tyhee and Regal

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
A decent signing that can be buried if it doesn't work out. Despite his scoring ability, it's definitely market-value.
Anyone hoping that this will be the 'steal' of free agency? Well, I suppose it's not bad to hope. Hope is free, after all.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
A decent signing that can be buried if it doesn't work out. Despite his scoring ability, it's definitely market-value.
Anyone hoping that this will be the 'steal' of free agency? Well, I suppose it's not bad to hope. Hope is free, after all.
Cheap offensive depth but far from a steal. Only surprising thing is that with a growing cap he still couldn’t get around 1.25-1.5

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No, Pius actually works hard. Sprong does not. Good 4th line scorer who will not do anything else than that.
Pius was a huge surprise, Sprong I think will come as advertised. At the age of 27, it’s unlikely he suddenly changes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad