Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Vincent Desharnais signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As it stands now? Maybe 3rd/wild card spot

Good potential in the forward group, defence is O.K., but it’ll get eaten alive against speed.

Overall I think they took a step backwards when comparing to the competition. They don’t do anything meaningful to keep up with a speedy transition game

He can grow, but at his age he is unlikely to become a better skater
I was thinking it'd be better for Nucks today. Such a great turnaround. Bad injury luck in playoffs but I thought this offseason would be really strong for you guys to build on your great year. Feels more lateral to me. Giant D but not very mobile. Has a 1990s vibe to me... Other than Hughes of course. And first half Hronek.lol

Reactions: Oilhawks

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I was thinking it'd be better for Nucks today. Such a great turnaround. Bad injury luck in playoffs but I thought this offseason would be really strong for you guys to build on your great year. Feels more lateral to me. Giant D but not very mobile. Has a 1990s vibe to me... Other than Hughes of course. And first half Hronek.lol

Moves at forward I give an A
Moves at defence I give a C-

Still lots of time to get a PMD though

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG and Czechboy

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Went from potentially having lindholm, zadorov, guentzel to signing debrusk and desharnais, had to double check if benning was still GM
People need to stop with the Guentzel talk, Vancouver never even had the chance to talk to him. He was always a pipe dream due to Vancouver being a market he would play in.

Lindholm was almost very clearly gone.

Zadorov was the only one of the three that was a potential re-sign

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Hughes and his big daddies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I guess the positive is;

Soucy 6'5
Myers 6'8
Forbort 6'4
Desharnais 6'7

I guess well see how he does. Its a considerable deal but not an anchor.
To be fair those are bottom pairing dmen, so hopefully that isn't part of the actual d-core.

Like Forbprt to the A. And maybe play 1 of the other 3 in the number 4 position might be fine

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

I think we will see a blender in pre-season as they try and split Hughes/Hronek

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Soucy is fine as a #4, he had a positive impact on the team when he was in the lineup.

Canucks need a #3, that is gonna be the biggest need for them. If they can check that box, the D will be just fine.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think thats pretty accurate from an outsider view. Canucks forward group looks good going into next year. Their 2nd and 3rd D pairings look potentially disastrous.
Honestly, I'm somewhat more confident in the reliability of our #7 and #8 guys than the ones we picked up. Juulsen and Friedman were way better than they had any business being last season.

Not super promising.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I think Vinny is a better puck mover than he is getting credit for in this thread.
He is a good dude, glad he is getting paid. Twice as much as Edmonton could have given

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It's interesting Oilers fans are saying he's not very physical.

Obviously I defer to those who watched more of him. But he was really obnoxiously physical and mean in our series and was someone that myself and my friends hated during that series which speaks well of him.

Was that uncharacteristic of him?
No I think that poster is out to lunch. Doesn’t necessarily line up bone crushing hits but the guy is a nightmare to battle with in front of the net and along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad