Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Vincent Desharnais signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2M AAV)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Tocchet likes size on the back end, if Gonchar and Foote can fix Myers, there's probably some room to improve here.

Not really a fan though.
Myers can skate though Vinny can't. I'm not sure how much you can fix poor skating. He'll need to be sheltered against fast rush/transition teams or Demko is going to be facing a lot of 2 on 1's and breakaways.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Enjoy him Vancouver. I loved the guy but didn't like the player. This is 1 year and 1 million more than I would've wanted if he came back to Edmonton. I'm really happy that he has a full NHL contract and some certainty. I'd even be happy if he took a step in his career and proved me wrong.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Enjoy him Vancouver. I loved the guy but didn't like the player. This is 1 year and 1 million more than I would've wanted if he came back to Edmonton. I'm really happy that he has a full NHL contract and some certainty. I'd even be happy if he took a step in his career and proved me wrong.
Seemed like a good guy to have on the bench and not on the ice.

Reactions: Czechboy

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Allvin holding a press conference atm...

Sounds like Desharnais sold himself to management: "I've only been in the league for two years, and feel I have room to grow".

Considering this is the one obvious overpayment Allvin has signed today, possibly ever... Vincent must have made quite the pitch.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
How you feeling about next season for your Nucks?
As it stands now? Maybe 3rd/wild card spot

Good potential in the forward group, defence is O.K., but it’ll get eaten alive against speed.

Overall I think they took a step backwards when comparing to the competition. They don’t do anything meaningful to keep up with a speedy transition game

Allvin holding a press conference atm...

Sounds like Desharnais sold himself to management: "I've only been in the league for two years, and feel I have room to grow".

Considering this is the one obvious overpayment Allvin has signed today, possibly ever... Vincent must have made quite the pitch.
He can grow, but at his age he is unlikely to become a better skater

Reactions: Czechboy

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I think thats pretty accurate from an outsider view. Canucks forward group looks good going into next year. Their 2nd and 3rd D pairings look potentially disastrous.

The D is the same as it was last year minus Ian Cole, this is basically a lateral move.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The D is the same as it was last year minus Ian Cole, this is basically a lateral move.
Zadorov was a much better piece than what they currently have and Ian Cole (despite deflecting pucks into his own net) is still a better player than Vinny imo. Forbort Desharnais as a bottom pairing sounds really rough. Two guys who can't skate and can't move the puck.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Zadorov was a much better piece than what they currently have and Ian Cole (despite deflecting pucks into his own net) is still a better player than Vinny imo. Forbort Desharnais as a bottom pairing sounds really rough. Two guys who can't skate and can't move the puck.

Sorry, I meant for opening night. A better defenseman will be available for a 3rd at some point in the season.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Sounds like Allvin got every player he wanted today and VD was just an afterthought with the left over cap, let’s see how it plays out

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I don't mind this. He'll be a 6/7. Probably play most games, be used more heavily against big strong teams that try to penetrate the inside and given less playing time against super fast teams who might exploit him.

Really didn't like him as an Oiler and felt like he could be overwhelmed by a good forecheck, but we have fantastic D coaches who must feel they can work with him on that. And his size, strength, and meanness will come in handy.

Did he play much on the Oiler's successful pk during the playoffs? I know he was a healthy scratch as things progressed to the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad