Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] D Jett Woo signs extension with the Canucks (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1719778029736.jpeg

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Reminder to all crazy hockey parents out there... this kid went 4th overall in the WHL bantam draft

So being the 4th best hockey player in western Canada at 14 years old doesn't guarantee a kid a spot in the NHL.

If your kid is the 3rd best player on the 4th best team in your city league, they ain't going anywhere. Relax and let them have fun and enjoy themselves

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Reminder to all crazy hockey parents out there... this kid went 4th overall in the WHL bantam draft

So being the 4th best hockey player in western Canada at 14 years old doesn't guarantee a kid a spot in the NHL.

If your kid is the 3rd best player on the 4th best team in your city league, they ain't going anywhere. Relax and let them have fun and enjoy themselves
... interesting place to drop this pep talk.

Reactions: Fraser28

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

Listen kids just because your parents were a billet family for an imminently famous movie star doesn't mean their real children are guaranteed an NHL roster spot just for naming the player after the actor!
PUT ON THE BRAKES IF YOU THINK THIS WILL WORK.

Reactions: ratbid

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
... interesting place to drop this pep talk.
I guess I could have posted it in one of the other dozen "Jett Woo" threads that are out there

Which is my point

The kid is from my area, all I heard forever was how he was the chosen one to finally make it to the show. Nobody else ever has

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Jet Li or The Golden Jet?
Maybe Dr. Woo…
His first name gets a lot of attention because the defenceman from Winnipeg was named after actor Jet Li. The story goes that Woo’s grandfather, who immigrated to Canada and was active in Winnipeg’s Chinese community, was working towards helping Jet Li move to this country when the actor decided maybe he should go straight to Hollywood instead.

Jett Woo’s dad, Larry, who played junior hockey in Victoria and Swift Current before becoming a firefighter in Winnipeg, loved the name and gave it to his first-born son.

“My parents added an extra T,” Woo told Sportsnet. “I think for good luck.”

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2