Confirmed Trade: [VAN/COL] Tucker Poolman (20% retained) and 2025 4th round pick for D Erik Brannstrom

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Short sample size on Brannstrom so far obviously but curios to know why this guy never stuck with Ottawa, he seems like a solid player that I feel at some point maybe he can be a #4/5.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Short sample size so far obviously but curios to know why this guy never stuck with Ottawa, he seems like a solid player that I feel at some point maybe he can be a #4/5.

Last year, according to the metrics, the Brannchise was like... Ottawa's second best DEFENSIVE defenseman... but he small and Ottawa like big, no like small, so he no good.

Reactions: crazychimp

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Short sample size on Brannstrom so far obviously but curios to know why this guy never stuck with Ottawa, he seems like a solid player that I feel at some point maybe he can be a #4/5.
Why would it be on the Sens? He wasn't good there. It's mostly due to being let go by them and also being traded by the Avs after a not so good camp after just signing with them, then getting waived to play in the AHL by his third team within a year. Maybe that more than likely lit a fire under his ass to be better?

I despise the blaming of the team or player about this sort of situation. Mostly because a change of scenery has done wonders for a lot of players and gives a lot the kick in the rear they really needed to push themselves more. Also on the flip side, a lot of teams are too stubborn to give the player a change of scenery when it isn't working out, out of fear they will elsewhere and make them look bad because they might be on the cusp of figuring it out if they wait it out (Kaapo in NY, Bennett in Calgary, Forsling, etc etc).

Our forsling! 👏
This should end well.

misplacedsensfan

Jun 9, 2009
Vancouver
Ottawa has Chabot and Sanderson on the left side. They wanted someone more physical on the third pair. They tried Brannstrom on the right but he wasn’t great. I think they wanted to keep him but not at 2.5 m qualifying offer and he wouldn’t take less to stay.

He is a legit good defenseman and could be a top 4 d man on a good team if he is paired with a physical RHD. I was more surprised that no one else in the NHL recognised the opportunity.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad