Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Ilya Mikheyev(15% Retained), Sam Lafferty(Rights), 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Dickinson, Foligno and Mikheyev all come off of the books when Bedard's ELC expires. They're almost like placeholders for his future cap hit.

I think the Canucks did alright in this trade. The equivalent of unloading Mikheyev's contract for a 2nd round pick, just substituting the return of a 4th-rounder for eating $1.4M of it.

It's an incredible trade. Mik might very well rebound but why take the risk. Sucks that we traded a 2nd to get rid of Mik but it is what it is.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Toews is just done physically and whatever his illness was. Kane, could still play and opted for Det this past year. Once he was traded to NYR, I didn't see him returning.

But the way they announced it was that the team won't be re-signing Toews. They didn't even leave the door open for him. It's similar to the Coyotes announcing they won't offer Doan a contract. Usually they say the door is open.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
But the way they announced it was that the team won't be re-signing Toews. They didn't even leave the door open for him. It's similar to the Coyotes announcing they won't offer Doan a contract. Usually they say the door is open.
When you enter a new era with Bedard, it was really best to get rid of everything related to the stink of the Beach cover up. Sadly, the owners still remain......

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Disgree

When you look at what they done in this past season

They like to get things done early
I think when there is some pressure point, they will try to out wait players or teams. They probably waited on the Mik trade to made sure they were paying the lowest price possible to get out on him.

When it comes to the TDL or in season trade, yeah they like to get things done early.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Teams around the NHL with contracts they're desperate to jettison, are looking at the Canucks with a mixture of shock and admiration this morning. Vancouver basically dumped 90 percent of Mikheyev's contract for the price of moving from the second round to the fourth--but not until 2027.

This Canuck braintrust is operating at a different level than regimes in the past. Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been Jim and his cronies trying to move Mikheyev's contract? One can only shudder to think what it would have cost them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Teams around the NHL with contracts they're desperate to jettison, are looking at the Canucks with a mixture of shock and admiration this morning. Vancouver basically dumped 90 percent of Mikheyev's contract for the price of moving from the second round to the fourth--but not until 2027.

This Canuck braintrust is operating at a different level than regimes in the past. Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been Jim and his cronies trying to move Mikheyev's contract? One can only shudder to think what it would have cost them.
I have to say I'm a little surprised to not see Ana making moves. They need a veteran Dman to pair off with each of their 3 young dmen Mint, Zell, lacombe and have Fowler and Gudas. Plus with no Henrique and Silf, they need some vets up front. Don't think it makes sense to do another term deal for a free agent like they did with Killorn as those 2 F and Zell/Min all come off elc after 2 more seasons at the same time.

Whether by direct trade or using waivers to get someone as they have 3rd priority, little surprised they are not acquiring guys to help support they young kids in Gauthier, Carlsson, etc.

Reactions: MS

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Allvin's a great GM. He's making Chicago his personal dumping ground too.

No GM is perfect but this guy consistently makes good moves and even when he makes a mistake, he corrects it quickly.

Reactions: I am toxic

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It would be interesting to hear their views but if one poses the question like this, So player X how do you feel about the Black Hawks being a team that is

I think the question should be hey any concerns if you could traded or played for Chicago would result in a more organic answer.
That is true. I will try to get back on it if they dont mind me spreading what they say, anonymously obviously.
That's fine but more appropriate for a specific thread on that topic as there really wasn't any reason to insert Bedard and your possibility in a Hughes brothers comment although I would buy that Bedard wants to play with his hometown Canucks being higher on his list of reasons, if has any thoughts on this at all.
Fair.

Reactions: wetcoast

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Dickinson, Foligno and Mikheyev all come off of the books when Bedard's ELC expires. They're almost like placeholders for his future cap hit.

I think the Canucks did alright in this trade. The equivalent of unloading Mikheyev's contract for a 2nd round pick, just substituting the return of a 4th-rounder for eating $1.4M of it.
Dickinson got selke votes this year and has rebounded tremendously.
Retain ½ at 2025-26 TDL and he likely brings in something decent.

Allvin's a great GM. He's making Chicago his personal dumping ground too.

No GM is perfect but this guy consistently makes good moves and even when he makes a mistake, he corrects it quickly.
I agree that he is great.

But Mik is a problem they created. Having to spend assets to move him isn't a GM win in my book.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019

But Mik is a problem they created. Having to spend assets to move him isn't a GM win in my book.
Most GMs won't own it and move on; he is. The cost of moving him was minimal too.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Dickinson got selke vote because some 90 years old voter didn’t want to spend more than 30 seconds casting his votes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad