Value of: Value of Ducks trading 2nd overall for 3rd overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Agreed. I don’t see it likely that a flip happens. Is there any chance Anaheim prefers Michkov or Carlsson to Fantilli?
I would guess the Ducks want nothing to do with the Michkov situation when the guys available are also available.

I could 100% see them liking Carlsson more. Ducks scouts have also gone "off the board" before with high picks like Lindholm and McTavish. Like 99% of Ducks fans expect them to take Fantilli though.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
If the Ducks are going to trade out of 2 it would be to 4 and not 3 imo. That would purely be a Michkov play.... If they like Fantilli or Carlsson there's no need to drop down to 3. Just get the guy you prefer unless CBJ is going to overpay.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
It will take more than Jackets fans want. Why should Anaheim leave Fantelli?? Blue Jackets can just draft Smith. Im not sold on Leo Carlsson. Early SHL success because size? Think Magnus Pääjärvi.

CBJ gets
2nd overall
Jakob Silfverberg

ANA gets
3rd overall
Marchenko/Boqvist
CBJs 2nd 1st rounder.

Young upcoming hot ptospect for another. Swap-swap or nothing.

This is delusional

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Just curious what people think Blue Jackets would add to go from 3rd to 2nd if any trade was made.
It really depends on if they think Fantilli is on a significantly different tier than Carlsson, Mishkov, Smith and if Anaheim doesn't. If they think that Fantilli is that much better than the rest they may add a 1st but really a 2nd at most should be the top they offer.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Ducks are willing to trade down, they probably are looking to go off the board and not take the 2/3 ranked prospect, in which case, don't trade the 3rd with a big overpayment to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad