Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 Preseason Habs vs. Philadelphia (Monday Sept. 23 – 7PM ET) – Bell Centre

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That game won’t mean much for the evaluation of the players since more then 50% of the players are gonna be AHLer for life but excited to have a game

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
That game won’t mean much for the evaluation of the players since more then 50% of the players are gonna be AHLer for life but excited to have a game

We just need one Kapanen or one Hutson, maybe one Dach and one Laine and i will personally be extremely excited

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So no Michkov on the Flyers roster? That is disappointing.

I think Danny Briere knows how crazy it can get in MTL. Some fans might boo him and some others will cheer him. Either way, they probably don't want the kid thinking he's that important that early.

Reactions: Kennerback

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I think Danny Briere knows how crazy it can get in MTL. Some fans might boo him and some others will cheer him. Either way, they probably don't want the kid thinking he's that important that early.

Nah Danny literally carried his bags at the airport 😆

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It looks like he may make the team so that makes him exciting imo but sure he does not have a flashy style.

It is incredibly early to suggest that it looks like he may make the team when there are 12 forward positions filled and he has not played a single game in NA. I have been maybe his most ardent supporter but I think that he is much more likely to go back to Europe and play under Jokinen.

I could see him making the team if an injury or two happens but I think that would likely be temporary and he would still end up back in Europe. We have Pezzetta as the 13th forward with RHP returning from injury later in the season with ABB, Beck, Gignac, Heineman, Farrell, Mesar, Tuch etc as potential call ups in case of further injuries. He has never lived away from home and playing for Timra will be a big adjustment for him and a learning experience that he can use when moving to Montreal next season.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It is incredibly early to suggest that it looks like he may make the team when there are 12 forward positions filled and he has not played a single game in NA. I have been maybe his most ardent supporter but I think that he is much more likely to go back to Europe and play under Jokinen.

I could see him making the team if an injury or two happens but I think that would likely be temporary and he would still end up back in Europe. We have Pezzetta as the 13th forward with RHP returning from injury later in the season with ABB, Beck, Gignac, Heineman, Farrell, Mesar, Tuch etc as potential call ups in case of further injuries. He has never lived away from home and playing for Timra will be a big adjustment for him and a learning experience that he can use when moving to Montreal next season.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

And its pretty apparent that we will start with an already defined 13 forward group and 8 defenseman.

Otoh, Dvorak, Evans, Armia are on their last final year. Gallagher and Anderson will be buyable next summer. (Two years left) and Roy can still go to the AHL.

Although, its a reach to think he can make the team right now, nobody has a safe chair in this bottom six and for example, if management don't plan on re-signing Evans, he could be sacrificed for Kapanen in the case where the latter would force their hands.

plz hold up Dach 🙏

Id rather they expose him.

He will never reach his potential being held up and playing with fears.

Reactions: TT1

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

Briere is a putz , don't give him so much credit sir

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad