Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

PROVIDENCE — The roars drowned out even the thunderous, thumping techno music blaring through the speakers at Amica Mutual Pavilion Saturday afternoon.

Every time David Pastrnak shot, passed, or even skated near the puck during the Bruins Black & Gold scrimmage, fans — many of them wearing his No. 88 sweaters — got excited.

That’s what happens when superstars are in the house.

Fresh off an action-packed offseason that included collecting a gold medal at the World Championships in his native Czechia and a wedding band, Pastrnak is poised for his 11th NHL season, and his mind is on another piece of hardware.

“I want to win the [Stanley] Cup,” Pastrnak said matter of factly.
Winning the gold medal was a “hell of an experience,” said Pastrnak, who is hoping to use it as a springboard to more titles.

“Winning it at home in front of the whole country and the country came together and they put up a hell of an atmosphere, so we were so happy that we could get it done for them and it was an enjoyable couple of weeks,”added Pastrnak. “A big win, I needed it. I enjoyed it personally. It was a big gold medal, and I had my fun and had my enjoyment there, but on the other hand, [I will] use it as a motivation, first big win in my career, so use it as an experience and motivation, but at the same time, flip the page and focus on the next goal.”

Pastrnak was in his customary spot at right wing on the top line Saturday, with countryman Pavel Zacha on the left side and Matt Poitras in the pivot. Elias Lindholm is the presumed No. 1 center, though he did not suit up.

“It’s obviously nice to play with one of the best players in the world and yeah, he’s a hell of a player,” said Poitras. “Maybe I can try and find him a bit more often.”

After scoring 113 points and 110 points the last two seasons, Pastrnak is looking to join Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito as the only Bruins with three consecutive 100-point campaigns. Orr had a six-year streak (1969-70 through 1974-75) while Espo had a run of five straight (1970-71 through 1974-75).

Pastrnak is excited about the prospect of playing with Lindholm, who reminds him of two of his former centers, David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron.

“Yeah, for sure. He has a little bit of both Krech and Bergy. Obviously, he’s a hell of a two-way player and he has a high hockey IQ,” said Pastrnak. “And he is a righty. I played most of my career with the righthand centermen, so I’m really excited to build the chemistry and whether we play together or not, we for sure are going to have some looks either on the power play or five on five, so I’m excited and he’s going to be a big part of our team.”

Some of the most entertaining battles through three days of camp have been Pastrnak going against behemoth defenseman Nikita Zadorov (6 feet 6 inches, 255 pounds). It’s been pretty even with Zadorov winning on size sometimes and Pastrnak succeeding with shiftiness.

“Yeah, it’s fun. I enjoy it. Obviously, it is like going against Big Z [Zdeno Chara] similar, he likes the battles in the practice,” said Pastrnak. “I like it. We push each other, especially this early after the summer when you don’t get touched for a couple months. It is good to get into the battles right away from the get-go. I have no problem battling against him. It’s hard, obviously, but can only make you better, so I’ve been enjoying it so far. Hockey brain is a little slow always after the two-month break, so not many ideas with the pack, but it’s [early], so I’m pretty sure I will get only better.”

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone jump out? Hearing good things about Brunet and Litteri. (Sp)
Yes on both

They made it interesting using
5x5
Both teams alternating PPs
Worked on SH at same time
4x4
Pulled goalies both teams

Situational and different scenarios using players in spots to get a lock

Intersection of upbeat & interesting

Poitras looked good - I was impressed by Lysell & Merk

Tyler Johnson though probably gets a spot and that will kill one of the later

Monty probably already has

Marchand - Coyle - Johnson

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Yes on both

They made it interesting using
5x5
Both teams alternating PPs
Worked on SH at same time
4x4
Pulled goalies both teams

Situational and different scenarios using players in spots to get a lock

Intersection of upbeat & interesting

Poitras looked good - I was impressed by Lysell & Merk

Tyler Johnson though probably gets a spot and that will kill one of the later

Monty probably already has

Marchand - Coyle - Johnson
That may be the oldest second line in the league

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
So from the clips I’m seeing on line there have been goal after goal scored on these goalies from wrist shots off the rush. You have to think Swayman is sitting around laughing his ass off right now. If this is the goaltending we are rolling into the season with we might be looking at a lottery pick.

Reactions: HustleB

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
So from the clips I’m seeing on line there have been goal after goal scored on these goalies from wrist shots off the rush. You have to think Swayman is sitting around laughing his ass off right now. If this is the goaltending we are rolling into the season with we might be looking at a lottery pick.
Keep in mind, it was Bischel giving up most of the goals - and a 3rd of the game was special teams…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad