Laval Rocket: Utica Comets at Laval Rocket 7PM

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So we get to face the 0-4 Utica Comets for the next three games ending Oct 30th.
I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
I'd kind of like to keep pace with the frickin' Marlies.
The boys need to be ready for this one tonight.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
So we get to face the 0-4 Utica Comets for the next three games ending Oct 30th.
I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
I'd kind of like to keep pace with the frickin' Marlies.
The boys need to be ready for this one tonight.
I don’t know how the Marlies manage to be good every year. I guess they found some Russian goalie who’s supposed to be good

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don’t know how the Marlies manage to be good every year. I guess they found some Russian goalie who’s supposed to be good

They get quality vets and actually keep them for more than one year. Shaw and Blandisi have been there 3-4 years. Helps a lot to establish a dressing room and helping the rookies settle.

Laval has had a carousel of vets of varying quality. That may change as Condotta, Dauphin and Gignac might be staying longer term maybe.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
They get quality vets and actually keep them for more than one year. Shaw and Blandisi have been there 3-4 years. Helps a lot to establish a dressing room and helping the rookies settle.

Laval has had a carousel of vets of varying quality. That may change as Condotta, Dauphin and Gignac might be staying longer term maybe.
True. They’ve always had pretty solid goaltending too.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

💯 %

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One adjustment management could do right now would be to add Luke Tuch to the big roster...
He is physically a man at 22, plays a gritty, north south game, hits with authority and is exactly the kind of player you need on the 4th line right now. Habs have solutions in their organization right now. Beck and Tuch would be huge upgrades over Dvorak and Pezzetta.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
One adjustment management could do right now would be to add Luke Tuch to the big roster...
He is physically a man at 22, plays a gritty, north south game, hits with authority and is exactly the kind of player you need on the 4th line right now. Habs have solutions in their organization right now. Beck and Tuch would be huge upgrades over Dvorak and Pezzetta.

They'll be here, but I think they want to give them AHL time to develop for as long as they can.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Preaching to the choir here.
It will be very interesting watching to see how this all plays out over the next week or so.
If we don't see a drastic improvement up top I'm not sure how many options they actually have trade wise.

Dvorak is standing on one leg IMO.
1729871592337.jpeg

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Preaching to the choir here.
It will be very interesting watching to see how this all plays out over the next week or so.
If we don't see a drastic improvement up top I'm not sure how many options they actually have trade wise.

Dvorak is standing on one leg IMO.
View attachment 921451
Dvorak I really expected more from this season. Contract year, healthy and he is as bad or worse as he has been since day1

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I am hoping by Christmas they prove too good to be in the minors and force the GM's hand.

👍
Not me. Rather see Laval win a championship than see their players in the bottom 6 on a team that won’t make the playoffs. I’d be fine for next year though.

Reactions: HABitual Fan

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah he's also playing on one leg or so it seems.
On NHL edge, Dvorak speed is higher than Evans and they skate about the same distance on average. The real difference is that Evans has great pace and Dvorak is lethargic most shifts.

Actually, pace seems to be a big issue on the team. Probably why Vincent has the Rocket play with more vigor. They went the younger players to learn that early.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad