Confirmed with Link: Utah signs C Barrett Hayton to a 2-yr contract ($2.65M AAV)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
It doesn't matter what any of us think of Hayton's play, he is here for two years on not a bad contract. His play rarely hurts the team and if settles in as a 2C or 3C is fine. What bothers me is that we are wasting Keller and Schmaltz by not getting them a 1C to play with. Another year of rinse and repeat.
Yes we really need a 1C .. nice that we got Serg but .at the expense of Geekie.. ( not saying Geekie was a number 1 ) but it’s hard to make high end trades without giving up assets that hurt… I not sure we can afford to make another trade like that… so that leaves to have to grab in FA or make arrangements to move up in the draft to get a player like that.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yes we really need a 1C .. nice that we got Serg but .at the expense of Geekie.. ( not saying Geekie was a number 1 ) but it’s hard to make high end trades without giving up assets that hurt… I not sure we can afford to make another trade like that… so that leaves to have to grab in FA or make arrangements to move up in the draft to get a player like that.
Is anyone calling Geekie a future #1C? Wheeler ranked Geekie at #74 in his most recent prospect rankings. Most people who watch him have him as a better version of his brother which makes him a 2/3C. I was penciling him in as a 2C myself as I didn't love the system he was playing in with Winnipeg and we really didn't see his offense live up to expectations until this year.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Is anyone calling Geekie a future #1C? Wheeler ranked Geekie at #74 in his most recent prospect rankings. Most people who watch him have him as a better version of his brother which makes him a 2/3C. I was penciling him in as a 2C myself as I didn't love the system he was playing in with Winnipeg and we really didn't see his offense live up to expectations until this year.
3C imo, but things can change.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I don’t know of anyone who called Geekie a number 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad