Confirmed with Link: Utah signs C Barrett Hayton to a 2-yr contract ($2.65M AAV)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't matter what any of us think of Hayton's play, he is here for two years on not a bad contract. His play rarely hurts the team and if settles in as a 2C or 3C is fine. What bothers me is that we are wasting Keller and Schmaltz by not getting them a 1C to play with. Another year of rinse and repeat.
what 1C is out there that is available?

Reactions: finkelsteinberg

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Granted I haven't watched him play, but his numbers scream a positive regression.

Maybe a more mature, talented team around him will elevate his game as well.

Reactions: Mangosteen

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I guess you could've asked the same question about #1Ds and nobody would've said Sergachev was available, but Bill thinks he got himself a #1D.
i think i actually at one point tossed his name out there (might have been here or on clean hits discord) but yeah as options go Sergachev was a clear cut top "priority" get by BA. I will miss Geekie and Moser but if you can upgrade to a top D then you have to do it.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
It doesn't matter what any of us think of Hayton's play, he is here for two years on not a bad contract. His play rarely hurts the team and if settles in as a 2C or 3C is fine. What bothers me is that we are wasting Keller and Schmaltz by not getting them a 1C to play with. Another year of rinse and repeat.
Love watching those two play as well, but they bring some it on themselves. They are definitely some "perfect opportunity" guys.

Reactions: Jakey53

IronFinn

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
That hasn’t been true for two years man.
I don't agree with Jakey very often, but he isn't wrong on Hayton's falling down a lot. He is down on the ice significantly more than any other player on the team, other than the goalies.

But one thing I would like to point out that Jakey has not noted is that Hayton's falling down seems to come in cycles ... like it is related to an injury or something. A couple of years ago he was falling down a lot, and then when he went on that strong scoring streak late in the season the year before last, he wasn't falling down much at all. Then again this past season, Hayton seemed to be falling down an excessive amount again. I find it so noticeable, I have occasionally reversed the DVR recording just to see what Hayton appears to be causing him to fall down so much. I can't figure it out quite honestly, but like Jakey, I notice it often.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I've traded my share of barbs with Jakey...but he is correct here....go back and watch the games Hayton played in (2023-2024), and you'll see he fell over a lot. I'm not saying he's a bad player; he's not. But Jakey is right...he falls a lot for an NHL player.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not to take away from Jakey's power of observation, but it doesn't take a very keen I to discover Hayton falls down a lot boys.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I love Jake. He just knows precisely how to irritate me.
That's what my wife always says.:laugh: Honestly, I'm not trying to irritate you, it's just that you seem to get pissed off if someone has a different opinion. All you have to do is always agree with me.:nod:

Apparently Jakey thinks you can just pick 1Cs off trees.
Where did I ever say that?

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
That's what my wife always says.:laugh: Honestly, I'm not trying to irritate you, it's just that you seem to get pissed off if someone has a different opinion. All you have to do is always agree with me.:nod:

Where did I ever say that?
Do you actually think Bill is purposely not wanting to get a 1c on this roster? They take time to develop. Cooley will be a 1c imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: rams

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
One nice thing about relocating...players can reinvent themselves. I hope Hayton changes his jersey number - changes his karma/luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad