Future "What if...?": Crosby's Final Years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Let me just state something before anything else, because I know there will be people who will want to make fun of this thread. I do believe that Crosby will finish his career in Pittsburgh. So, if he ends up signing somewhere else as a FA or gets traded this season, I will be shocked. This is just done for fun.

With that said, Crosby has yet to sign a new contract with the Pens, and some journalists, experts, fans, etc. have started talking about what other team could possibly try to get Crosby. The teams that get the most mentions (as far as I can tell) are: Detroit, Colorado, Winnipeg, Dallas, Las Vegas, and Montreal.

Now my questions for everyone here are pretty simple. IF Crosby ended up not staying in Pittsburgh, which of these six teams do you think would be more likely to get him? What percentage chance would you give each of these teams to obtain Sid? And, finally, is there another team not mentioned here that you could see gunning for him?

I'll start.

1) Colorado (30%)
2) Las Vegas (20%)
3) Detroit (20%)
4) Dallas (15%)
5) Montreal (10%)
6) Winnipeg (5%)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's not going to leave, but if he did decide to leave, it would definitely be to try to win more cups. Looking at Colorado between how good they are and how MacKinnon is on their team, I'd be downright floored if he'd go anywhere else but Colorado.

He's not leaving Pittsburgh to go to play for someone like Montreal or Winnipeg. I'd put it at easily 90% Colorado and 10% the field if he left.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
50% Colorado
50% Montréal

IMO

No other teams would be considered

Colorado because of Mack and the chance to get one more Cup

Montréal because it was his team growing up, it's the "local team" for him and he played his junior in Québec
Plus, Montréal is a young team on verge to finish their rebuild

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Literally everything we know about Crosby suggests he's an ultra competitive guy who cares about winning more than anything else. I can't see a single other explanation for why he'd leave Pittsburgh outside of that.

Because of legacy, or because he has achieves litteraly everything he could and the last box to check is to wear the most prestigious hockey jersey by far in the sport?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There's the Cream of the Crop (Montréal)
Than there's "B tier Jersey", like Edmonton, Toronto, etc

And than there's the rest

I edited my post cause I DID know what you meant ;)

I just don't see Crosby going to the Habs. I mean, the Pens are the only team he's known....and even if he envisioned as a kid playing for the Habs, he didn't envision playing for them in the twilight of his career losing.

Some dreams are best left unlived...that way he can still have it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Because of legacy, or because he has achieves litteraly everything he could and the last box to check is to wear the most prestigious hockey jersey by far in the sport?

Why would Crosby care that the Habs won a bunch of cups 20 years before he was born? Yeah, he was a fan of them growing up, but this idea that he'd want to go there to "wear the most prestigious hockey jersey" is just pure Habs fan delusion.

It sounds just like the same delusion Habs fans had before Crosby signed his 12 year deal back in 2012.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
50% Colorado
50% Montréal

IMO

No other teams would be considered

Colorado because of Mack and the chance to get one more Cup

Montréal because it was his team growing up, it's the "local team" for him and he played his junior in Québec
Plus, Montréal is a young team on verge to finish their rebuild
Montreal is years away from being a contender, if they ever get there. Why waste your time with them, when you're already on a losing roster? Colorado, Vancouver or the Rangers make more sense.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He's a Penguin for his entire career is my bet. If he leaves, it's Colorado.

That said, please leave and go to Colorado Sid. Would love to see them win another with MacK, Makar and Rants there.

Reactions: Miro4Norris

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Why would Crosby care that the Habs won a bunch of cups 20 years before he was born? Yeah, he was a fan of them growing up, but this idea that he'd want to go there to "wear the most prestigious hockey jersey" is just pure Habs fan delusion.

It sounds just like the same delusion Habs fans had before Crosby signed his 12 year deal back in 2012.

Like, is that you, Crosby?

No?

Than your opinion is just as invalid as mine

I think it could be important to him to close His career where it pretty Much begun

Maybe he doesn't give two f***s about another cup and maybe Colorado is simply too f***ing far from home to be worth it?

You sound like a dude Who like to think he knows His stuff but actually knows f*** all

Montreal is years away from being a contender, if they ever get there. Why waste your time with them, when you're already on a losing roster? Colorado, Vancouver or the Rangers make more sense.

I think the Habs compete next year

I edited my post cause I DID know what you meant ;)

I just don't see Crosby going to the Habs. I mean, the Pens are the only team he's known....and even if he envisioned as a kid playing for the Habs, he didn't envision playing for them in the twilight of his career losing.

Some dreams are best left unlived...that way he can still have it.

Maybe

But still, other than Denver, Montréal is the only other city I could see him in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad