Utah Delta Center Claiming "Unobstructed" Seats

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I was there today, it's not great but it's not that bad either. There are definitely seats for sale that are worse than others with slight obstruction issues.

Compared to the true partial view seats though, it's wild. I went to the upper bowl in one of the sections not for sale. I was 4 rows from the railing and you couldn't see the entire near side faceoff circle or goal

Also just to add fuel to the fire/clear things up. As of right now there are no plans for a new arena. Smith will be upgrading Delta over the next 3ish year (I think?) to renovate/fix sightlines. A lot of people missed that there will be no new arena as of right now in the chaos of the move.

That could change with the 2034 olympic bid, but unless Smith can magically find land downtown for a new arena, it aint happening and they aren't moving the team out of downtown

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
1167949.jpg

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I would need to see pics of the obstructed seats to see what they're comparing against.
There are places you won't be able to see half the ice when someone is sitting in front of you

It's really a downer

Better than a college arena. Shocking a modern arena would be poorly designed however.
It is a basketball arena and they've been talking renovations for it for basketball regardless of hockey.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I was there today, it's not great but it's not that bad either. There are definitely seats for sale that are worse than others with slight obstruction issues.

Compared to the true partial view seats though, it's wild. I went to the upper bowl in one of the sections not for sale. I was 4 rows from the railing and you couldn't see the entire near side faceoff circle or goal

Also just to add fuel to the fire/clear things up. As of right now there are no plans for a new arena. Smith will be upgrading Delta over the next 3ish year (I think?) to renovate/fix sightlines. A lot of people missed that there will be no new arena as of right now in the chaos of the move.

That could change with the 2034 olympic bid, but unless Smith can magically find land downtown for a new arena, it aint happening and they aren't moving the team out of downtown
Having a free world class arena coming up in less than 10 years is not the worst possible situation for a new organization.

Reactions: cptjeff

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just like when Winnipeg moved to phoenix.

Only America West Arena (now Footprint) had about 3,000 more unobstructed seats.

Smith's plan is to have an increasing number of unobstructed seats over the next three years as they renovate Delta Center. Just how he plans pulling that off remains to be seen.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought they were getting a new arena.

There was one proposed... but Salt Lake City wants to use this to renovate the downtown core.
I don’t think Bettman and company thought this through, when they moved the team.

No... they thought this through. They lost all confidence in Alex Meruelo after the Tempe vote failed and with the Coyotes projecting to be a playoff team within the next two years the thought of playoff games at Mullett were just too cringey and costing the league a ton in revenue.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
conned? Gary knew of the seating issues from the get go, if the renovations don't happen over the summers of 2025,26,27 as promised then you coudl use that arguement
Yeah I was in a little shock at the flaws of the delta arena.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Holy shit they haven't even played a game yet. They're gonna get a brand spanking new arena in a few years that IS happening. Why the hell do hockey fans have to be like this?
People on this board either troll or complain

but they will be fine in Utah

I thought I read there was some plan for a new arena.
you can't build an arena before next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad