Utah Delta Center Claiming "Unobstructed" Seats

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Well, someone is going to be upset when they purchase and sit in those spots. Did Smith and co say it's going to take 3 years of renos for them to have proper seating for the NHL?

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Thinks it’s bad now…wait till those seats are full of fans and your view is obstructed more…lol
This is pretty much normal, so I don’t see any issues

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
This sort of nonsense would never happen in Hamilton.

#DoTheRightThingBettman

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Well, someone is going to be upset when they purchase and sit in those spots. Did Smith and co say it's going to take 3 years of renos for them to have proper seating for the NHL?

I thought they were getting a new arena.

Am I crazy? Utah released the ticket prices for the upcoming season and they are claiming there are 10,000 unobstructed seats. Here are some pictures that they claim are unobstructed. Are these unobstructed? In my opinion you can't see the near boards and that makes them obstructed.
View attachment 879888

View attachment 879885

I don’t think Bettman and company thought this through, when they moved the team.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Granted it was built in 1905 but Fulham FC in London only considers a seat obstructed if the view of the goal is blocked by the support beam…

If they are using that definition, AND ARE CLEAR ABOUT THAT, I see no problem with this…

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Seats look pretty steep.

I think delta center is known to get pretty loud too.

Nice to add a non cookie cutter rink into the nhl catalogue.... although I suppose we lost one in the mullett too

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Kind of annoying the team got moved into another situation where the current arena setup is less than ideal and it now appears that the entire “but they are building them a brand new arena as well” has now turned into “major renovations to the Delta Center for the future”.

The franchise can ride the high of newly-minted excitement in the community and the bottom line is Ryan Smith paid the money to make the NHL happy…but this was never a “the new Utah franchise is moving into a ready made dream arena” situation. Older facility, smaller facility, tons of obstructed seats…the bottom line is the money Ryan Smith paid and that this isn’t a college arena (and that there is some plan for a future facility that is green-lit, albeit getting valued engineered at every turn it seems).

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's not a terribly disruptive obstruction, but it's definitely still an obstructed view seat IMO. A whole mess of seats like that too.

The worst obstructed view seats I've seen that are still being used today are in Toronto. They have seats that block almost a quarter of the ice, including one of the nets. It's not a ton of seats like that, but the level of obstruction is gross

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad