Proposal: Utah - Buffalo Part Duex

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
How do you figure?
Power is a better player than Crouse already and unlike Crouse, he's going to get better.

Because I would be using one of pick #6 or pick #11 on a more seasoned Dman (preferably RHD) .... With the possibility of using the other pick for another forward or D.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Ryan Smith just bought the team for a BILLION dollars. He’s going to want his moment on the stage, at the Sphere. I believe Utah is 100% picking at 6th.

Well yeah.. Im pretty confident this would never happen. Just for discussion.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Because I would be using one of pick #6 or pick #11 on a more seasoned Dman (preferably RHD) .... With the possibility of using the other pick for another forward or D.

So what veteran RHD are you bringing in for #6 who is nearly as good as Power?
And how are you justifying the hit you will surely be taking in terms of Power's room for growth and contract certainty throughout his prime years?

What competent GM is trading a 6'6" defenceman who skates and sees the ice like Power? One who has already proven he can play well over 20 minutes a game and put up 30 points a season without significant PP time? Before his 22nd birthday?

Write down a list of the 20 best NHL defencemen and go see where they were at 21. You won't find many who were ahead of where Power is right now.

Playing defence in the NHL is hard. Power is 21. And he's already a lot better at it than you seem to realize.

Trading him before giving him a chance to realize his potential would be about the stupidest thing I could imagine the Sabres doing.

And I can imagine the Sabres doing some very stupid things.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So what veteran RHD are you bringing in for #6 who is nearly as good as Power?
And how are you justifying the hit you will surely be taking in terms of Power's room for growth and contract certainty throughout his prime years?

What competent GM is trading a 6'6" defenceman who skates and sees the ice like Power? One who has already proven he can play well over 20 minutes a game and put up 30 points a season without significant PP time? Before his 22nd birthday?

Write down a list of the 20 best NHL defencemen and go see where they were at 21. You won't find many who were ahead of where Power is right now.

Playing defence in the NHL is hard. Power is 21. And he's already a lot better at it than you seem to realize.

Trading him before giving him a chance to realize his potential would be about the stupidest thing I could imagine the Sabres doing.

And I can imagine the Sabres doing some very stupid things.
Idk if it would be #6 or #11 and Idk if the player needs to be better than Owen Power 5 or 6 years down the road.

If you want to debate this you can take it to the Sabres board I would be happy to delve into it there. I'm not going down the rabbit hole and completely derailing the thread.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Much rather have the other deal if I'm Buffalo. And it's actually not close. Crouse is a unique player in this league at this point and they'll get a stud d prospect at 6.

What's wrong with it exactly? Win win for both teams
I don't disagree. That would just be the best offer the Nucks could put on the table.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ryan Smith just bought the team for a BILLION dollars. He’s going to want his moment on the stage, at the Sphere. I believe Utah is 100% picking at 6th.
Trading for the first pick OA from 3 years ago who's a stud isn't a moment?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To Utah:

Owen Power
2024 3rd Round pick.

To Buffalo:

Lawson Crouse
2024 6th OA pick
1718234236572.png

Pass.

Reactions: Fearnot

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I would trade Byram first, who we didn't really need, rather than Power. Dahlin and Power are the two players we need to build our defense around.

Yeah. I think Buffalo do need to sort this thing out. Even if Dahlin is going to play RD, you've still gotta do something with the glut of really good LH shooting defencemen there. That's where the trade chip to upgrade elsewhere, or maybe even try to get a natural RH Shooting Top-4D in the mix.

But to me, it's still really Byram who should be the one to go.

-Dahlin is obviously untouchable. He's the cornerstone of the defence corps.
-Power is the next most important. He's the guy you build that other pairing around.
-Samuelsson is important because he plays a very different type of game, that is very much needed to complement whichever of Dahlin/Power.

So it's Byram who i'd be dangling for help elsewhere, or to reconfigure the blueline with at least one good natural RH shooter in the Top-4 somehow.

I'm not sure Utah does this if it's Byram instead of Power though. The injury history is just too extensive with him. And Crouse is just too important to that franchise. I also don't necessarily think Crouse just magically "fixes" what's wrong with the Sabres forward corps either though. Would be a step in the right direction, but i think you still need a different level of buy-in from some of the other guys anyway...and Crouse isn't going to be able to just drag them along kicking and screaming to "play the right way" like that.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Utah needs more NHL ready defensemen he would probably pair well with Durzi
I'm thinking that it would be a better idea to put them on different pairings. I don't think they'd work together at all.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Idk if it would be #6 or #11 and Idk if the player needs to be better than Owen Power 5 or 6 years down the road.

If you want to debate this you can take it to the Sabres board I would be happy to delve into it there. I'm not going down the rabbit hole and completely derailing the thread.

The Sabres should hire you as a scout. Especially because you have a crystal ball

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The Sabres should hire you as a scout. Especially because you have a crystal ball

I hear they're looking for one out on west coast.

What exactly do you mean by crystal ball? That is what 95% of this website is.. idk what you're getting at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad