Confirmed with Link: Utah acquires John Marino (NJD) plus 2024 5th (COL, #153) for 2024 2nd (#49) and 2025 2nd (EDM)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t think you understand just how much of an upgrade Sergachev is for this franchise. BA acquired assets and used those assets to improve the team. Sergachev is a core player with 7 years left on his contract.
As long as the injury does not affect his play going forward. He has a steep contract but also SC experience.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
As long as the injury does not affect his play going forward. He has a steep contract but also SC experience.
I agree, but don't forget Sergachev missed a large part of last year because of injury, so here's hoping the injury does not affect his play going forward. BA kind of went off script here. I was never a big Geekie fan, but he was one of the best players at camp last year. I guess this just shows how bad BA thought our D was last year, and it was. We are still bad though.

It was just a busted leg. He came back for playoffs. We should be as worried about his injury as Keller's.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I agree, but don't forget Sergachev missed a large part of last year because of injury, so here's hoping the injury does not affect his play going forward. BA kind of went off script here. I was never a big Geekie fan, but he was one of the best players at camp last year. I guess this just shows how bad BA thought our D was last year, and it was. We are still bad though.
How much camp did you witness last year?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I thought Sergachev was Tampa's best defender when he came back for the playoffs. He really stood out where Hedman seemed to be down a step. Small sample though.

BA's quotes about Beaudoin being a "culture changer" and how he wants everyone to train and treat games makes me think that perhaps Geekie isnt always the best prepared when he begins seasons. Absolutely reading into his statements and they could be completely be unrelated but it makes you think considering Geekie has been considered a goof ball before

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Block out the names and the faces and which card would you be most glad to have?

1719933248815.png

1719933532464.png

1719933498713.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad