The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Skinner is washed and Arvisdon is injury prone I don't think that adding them gives them the best forward group in the NHL also I forgot Dallas I'd take Dallas over the Oilers to
We're pretty familiar with Dallas too. They managed 14 goals in 6 games against us in the playoffs, and we apparently have a cardboard cutout of Bill Ranford in goal and six guys that can't tie their own skates on the blueline. Edmonton's group is better.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
We're pretty familiar with Dallas too. They managed 14 goals in 6 games against us in the playoffs, and we apparently have a cardboard cutout of Bill Ranford in goal and six guys that can't tie their own skates on the blueline. Edmonton's group is better.
I mean you're not but ok

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Make Jeff Jackson the permanent gm. This guy just resigned all of the important pieces signings from last off season and deadline pickup (Henrique) and replaced Foegale with Arvisdsson. Combine that depth with the best player available in world and best 1-2 c punch and you have the best forward group in the league. Dallas is still deeper but they have nobody close to McDavid or drai.
Drai kinda sucks no offence.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean the Nucks didn't even have there #1 Goalie, I doubt they beat them with a healthy demko, and I still prefer the Preds forward group, its deeper and less relient on one player to carry the load.
2024:

Knee injury
another knee injury,

2023:

groin injury

Concussion
Knee injury

Concussion

injury prone players gonna injury prone.

I mean you're not but ok
they are though.

they scored 294 to our 292 goals last year. We added Skinner and Arvidsson and kept Henrique. They kept Duchene, dropped Faksa off a cliff, and nothing else.

I mean, pick a lane. We were one game away from the Cup finals and everyone says our defence and goaltending suck, so clearly SOMETHING must be good on this team.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
I'm not saying your team wasn't good last
2024:

Knee injury
another knee injury,

2023:

groin injury

Concussion
Knee injury

Concussion

injury prone players gonna injury prone.

they are though.

they scored 294 to our 292 goals last year. We added Skinner and Arvidsson and kept Henrique. They kept Duchene, dropped Faksa off a cliff, and nothing else.

I mean, pick a lane. We were one game away from the Cup finals and everyone says our defence and goaltending suck, so clearly SOMETHING must be good on this team.
I'm not saying they weren't good last year they were.

What I'm saying is Skinner and Arvidson do not make them better next year at all.

• Haha
Reactions: McFlyingV

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Great argument - solid points I don't know how someone could refute this

You'd rather not make the conference finals? Cup or no winning at all? Well, it makes sense why you're a Leafs fan then :laugh:
Sens fan not a leafs fans

Teams in the West with deeper forward groups

Vancouver
Dallas
Nashville

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

What I'm saying is Skinner and Arvidson do not make them better next year at all.
That take is pure bananas.

Arvidsson is a four time 25 goal scorer. Skinner is a six time 30 goal scorer, and we added them for nothing but short term contracts. If they're healthy, they're helping.

They're taking the roster spots of Warren Foegele and Evander Kane, FFS. :laugh: of course they make us better.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Well what you're saying is stupid.

Skinner and Arvidsson are better than Foegele and Holloway, Foegele and Holloway (and I think this kid is a player, but he's raw) are 3rd line players at this stage. Skinner has more goals in his last 3 seasons that Foegele does in his career.

They were overall (regular season + playoffs) the best offense in the league last year, not just "good".

"Good" is like maybe the 7th or 8th best offence, when you're the best you're well ... the best.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
That take is pure bananas.

Arvidsson is a four time 25 goal scorer. Skinner is a six time 30 goal scorer, and we added them for nothing but short term contracts. If they're healthy, they're helping.

They're taking the roster spots of Warren Foegele and Evander Kane, FFS. :laugh: of course they make us better.
I mean if Arvidson manages to play 50 games but most likely he gets injured 20 games in

And Skinner looked washed with the Sabers guy is pure trash and all of a sudden when hes an Oiler hes decent?

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Sens fan not a leafs fans

Teams in the West with deeper forward groups

Vancouver
Dallas
Nashville
Careful, Oilers fans are very sensitive about their team. They legit think because they lost in the cup finals, that a cup finals is now guaranteed every year.

Were Panthers fans this confident last year they would be back in the finals? They definitely had more reason to be because they have a way deeper team and a better goalie.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Well what you're saying is stupid.

Skinner and Arvidsson are better than Foegele and Holloway, Foegele and Holloway (and I think this kid is a player, but he's raw) are 3rd line players at this stage.

They were overall (regular season + playoffs) the best offense in the league last year, not just "good".

"Good" is like maybe the 7th or 8th best offence, when you're the best you're well ... the best.
Arvidson is injury prone and Skinner sucks, these signings will back fire

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Arvidson is injury prone and Skinner sucks, these signings will back fire

Even if that were the case, they're still the best offense in the NHL overall.

Last year honestly was a down year to boot because McDavid was playing with an abdominal tear that caused his goal scoring to go from 64 goals to 35. He will have a full 3+ months now to let it heal properly.

This team outscored Florida in the Cup Finals even with Draisaitl and Kane having 0 goals in the series due to injury. There's no other team in the league that's in that category offensively, all this stuff about "well y'know this team is almost as good offensively" ... no actually they're not. There's a gap and it's not insignificant and that was before any of these signings.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean if Arvidson manages to play 50 games but most likely he gets injured 20 games in

And Skinner looked washed with the Sabers guy is pure trash and all of a sudden when hes an Oiler hes decent?
"washed, trash" Skinner still had 24 goals and 46 points for a regressing Sabres team, He had 35 goals and 83 points the year before.

Number of games Arvidsson has missed in the last 5 years:

64 last year (came back and had 15 points in 18 games)
6 2022-23
16 2021-22
4 2020-21
11 2019-20

He's gonna miss some time, but most of his injuries aren't serious. You seem to be forgetting that some of the seasons were Covid shortened.

Careful, Oilers fans are very sensitive about their team. They legit think because they lost in the cup finals, that a cup finals is now guaranteed every year.

Were Panthers fans this confident last year they would be back in the finals? They definitely had more reason to be because they have a way deeper team and a better goalie.
God do you deserve to be a fan of a gutter team for the next five years.

Thankfully, Conroy is granting your wish.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’d rather not. Win or nothing.

1*bAUTC-8AK9WQ3A5BaZRhXw.jpeg

The Leafs making a Conference Final even and getting swept would be the biggest news in Leafs nation in 50 years. A Finals ... lol, the fanbase would lose their mind even if they got blown out.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Even if that were the case, they're still the best offense in the NHL overall.

Last year honestly was a down year to boot because McDavid was playing with an abdominal tear that caused his goal scoring to go from 64 goals to 35. He will have a full 3+ months now to let it heal properly.

This team outscored Florida in the Cup Finals even with Draisaitl and Kane having 0 goals in the series due to injury. There's no other team in the league that's in that category offensively, all this stuff about "well y'know this team is almost as good offensively" ... no actually they're not. There's a gap and it's not insignificant and that was before any of these signings.
Skinner and Arvidson will make no difference

And also you're team relies on One Player to be good for it to work

If Mcdavid falters we've seen what happens

Thats not depth I'm sorry but depth is the ability to absorb injuries and keep on going

If Mcdavid goes down the Oilers play like a lottery team we saw that last year

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Thats not depth I'm sorry but depth is the ability to absorb injuries and keep on going

McDavid was hurt this year. They made the Cup Final anyway.

If you subtract the best player from any team they would all take a huge step backwards, you think that Florida is in the Cup Final without Barkov? Which magical team has that much depth? Nobody.

McDavid is the best player likely since Mario, of course he is going to have an oversized effect on any team he plays for, that's kind of what great players do.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
"washed, trash" Skinner still had 24 goals and 46 points for a regressing Sabres team, He had 35 goals and 83 points the year before.

Number of games Arvidsson has missed in the last 5 years:

64 last year (came back and had 15 points in 18 games)
6 2022-23
16 2021-22
4 2020-21
11 2019-20

He's gonna miss some time, but most of his injuries aren't serious. You seem to be forgetting that some of the seasons were Covid shortened.

God do you deserve to be a fan of a gutter team for the next five years.

Thankfully, Conroy is granting your wish.
Skinner plays like shit, like you're reaching at this point to prove these signings are decent, in which there not, it does not make the Oilers the deepest team in the league

McDavid was hurt this year. They made the Cup Final.

If you subtract the best player from any team they would all take a huge step backwards, you think that Florida is in the Cup Final without Barkov? Which magical team has that much depth? Nobody.

McDavid is the best player likely since Mario, of course he is going to have an oversized effect on any team he plays for, that's kind of what great players do.
I dont think florida would be a lottery team without Barkov like edmonton was when Mcdavid was playing like crap,

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Skinner plays like shit, like you're reaching at this point to prove these signings are decent, in which there not, it does not make the Oilers the deepest team in the league
They were top 3 before those additions, and they're #1 now.

They're better than decent.

You ignored the post where I broke down the top 9 for each team you mentioned.

Sorry Hyman and Bouchard, the NHL records you set these playoffs don't count apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad