Confirmed Trade: [UTA/TBL] Mikhail Sergachev for Conor Geekie, J.J. Moser, 2025 2nd, 2024 7th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Is Sergachev really considered an anchor? 26 and a clear top 4 D with upside. I don't get this for Tampa unless they realize its time to start a rebuild.
No. Serg is really good, but Hedman is better (makes no mistakes) and McDonagh is more necessary considering he's better defensively. We needed the space and the usage we will give to Moser there will be a lot less difference in impact than all the cap space we save... plus actually getting a pick and Geekie back is added value.

I assume they didn't want to move Cirelli which was my preferred move

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Moser - He is what he is. Bill wants size and I don't think he is strong enough in his own zone. More of a #5-6 on a contender.

Geekie - Great prospect, but takes way too many nights off. His effort is there one game and the next he is coasting all over the ice.

2025 2nd - Utah has so many that they had to trade one.

2024 4th - Dart throw pick

Utah got the best player in the trade and that is usually the team that wins these deals. Sergachev looked good in the playoffs too. He fits the rebuild well and has great size which Utah's staff craves.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
No. Serg is really good, but Hedman is better (makes no mistakes) and McDonagh is more necessary considering he's better defensively. We needed the space and the usage we will give to Moser there will be a lot less difference in impact than all the cap space we save... plus actually getting a pick and Geekie back is added value.

I assume they didn't want to move Cirelli which was my preferred move
They are two dinosaurs who will significantly regress soon, I don’t know who’s going to play defense in Tampa soon. I guess Moser will

Gotta like this deal from Bolts perspective. Quality in Geekie and a second. Shedding salary. Adding young assets. We'll see how Sergachev does without Hedman and the forward depth that Tampa has had.
Their two best d men are 33 and 35. The will significantly drop in their defensive game

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Serg is a beast when he's on , needs to regain form
He's literally a powerplay merchant. Guy is atrocious defensively, routinely out of position. Has a great shot, great skater, not a bad passer but literally was the beneficiary of taking the PP QB spot on the powerplay with Kucherov.

Expect a massive dip in his production, Tampa management likely knew this as well and that's why they dumped him. I think Utah got absolutely robbed on this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00