Proposal: UTA-PHI

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Utah sends Hayton

Philadelphia sends Frost

Philadelphia gets their ideal play driving middle six center and Utah gets a player who some believe has a higher upside.

Both get a change of scenery

Feb 5, 2016
The injury bug bit Hayton last season as he broke his hand in mid November then returned at the beginning of February only to be lost to a mysterious lower body injury for the rest of the season after the 10th of March.

I’d want to know what kind of injury that lower body issue Hayton had before pulling a trigger on a trade.

Edit: Hayton is also an RFA that could price himself above what the Flyers currently have left in cap space. I’d be comfortable with Hayton at $2.5mil on a prove it deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
His metrics last season were more impressive than I would have thought. Extremely bad puck luck
Hayton’s only real NHL success came from playing between Keller and Schmaltz. He’s essentially the net front presence on that line. When Keller and Schmaltz are in their game, they can be one of the best duos in the league. Hayton is just along for the ride on that line. If you want to look into the stats for what I’m referring to. Just look at from the all-star game on to the end of the season during the 2022-2023 season. Hayton and Valimaki especially both benefitted from that run.

All of us Coyotes fans had hoped that Hayton had finally broke out. But he started this season much like he did the previous one. Something like 0 goals in his first 20 games again. Then he got hurt. I’m hopeful he can turn it around, but I’m not expecting it at this point.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Hayton’s only real NHL success came from playing between Keller and Schmaltz. He’s essentially the net front presence on that line. When Keller and Schmaltz are in their game, they can be one of the best duos in the league. Hayton is just along for the ride on that line. If you want to look into the stats for what I’m referring to. Just look at from the all-star game on to the end of the season during the 2022-2023 season. Hayton and Valimaki especially both benefitted from that run.

All of us Coyotes fans had hoped that Hayton had finally broke out. But he started this season much like he did the previous one. Something like 0 goals in his first 20 games again. Then he got hurt. I’m hopeful he can turn it around, but I’m not expecting it at this point.
He had a woeful PDO and great advanced metrics as far as I can tell. I’d expect a nice positive regression

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He played 33 games and had 10 points. What kind of metrics make that impressive?
They shot 7% with him on the ice and his goalies had an 87% save percent with him on the ice, despite controlling shot chances and quality (and being the top player on the team in that).

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
They shot 7% with him on the ice and his goalies had an 87% save percent with him on the ice, despite controlling shot chances and quality (and being the top player on the team in that).

So with him on the ice, they couldn't score and gave up too many goals?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I would drive Hayton to the airport myself for Frost and I'm not a Utah fan, don't have a drivers license, and live in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad