Weak ass adhesive can't even keep the board up

Was just sitting here when it came crumbling down. Scared the shit out of me
PXL_20230320_181922276.jpg

PXL_20230320_181656552.jpg

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
I noticed your pal Marlins man was behind the seats for the USA Cuba game. Such a shame he won't attend Marlins games anymore - - sounds like a band wagoner to me

I'm listening to the pirates today on the radio.
The Marlins basically told him to get lost. A rare positive move on their part. Only reason he was there last night was because it had nothing to do with the Marlins.

Best part of the Pirates is Greg Brown. (though he does both TV & radio so not sure if you get to hear him today) I will admit he is a better listen than Paul (and certainly better than the turncoat who took Geff's job!).

#RaiseTheJollyRoger
#ClearTheDeckCannonballComing

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

“Let’s be real,” Geffner said. “This was a decision made to save money, like so many other decisions this club has made over the last five-plus years. Good for them. They save a few bucks, and the product suffers.”

Neither Geffner’s 2022 salary — nor Sielaff’s 2023 salary — could be confirmed.

Lastly, Geffner said: “I leave with my head held high because I know the level at which I performed over 15 seasons, and I know — and am incredibly grateful for — the respect I earned among the people with whom I worked, my colleagues in the industry, and especially Marlins fans.”

It’s unusual — but not unprecedented — for an announcer to lash out publicly after being jettisoned by a team. The Marlins dropped two previous play-by-play announcers, Rich Waltz and Roxy Bernstein, and neither publicly criticized the team in the aftermath. Neither did analysts Tommy Hutton — who was eventually brought back — nor Todd Hollandworth or mostly recently, J.P. Arencibia after their dismissals.

Use a nail
I'm not drilling or forcing anything into the walls here

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
GEFFNER LASHES OUT
Radio announcer Glenn Geffner, whose contract was not renewed by the Marlins in November after 15 seasons with the team, is lashing out at the franchise.

What set him off? In a Miami Herald piece last week about the Marlins’ promotion of Kyle Sielaff to Geffner’s former job, it was noted that the Marlins preferred a radio play-by-play announcer who had a more conversational approach and wasn’t as reliant on statistics. That was from a reliable source.

In a text message, Geffner defended his work and said the Marlins dumped him because of money.

“Anyone who listened to the work I did with a rotating cast of analysts the last two seasons knows the unattributed assertion that the ‘Marlins wanted a conversational approach to the broadcast’ is laughable,” Geffner wrote.

“The broadcasts the last two years were HUGELY conversational as I bent over backwards to play up the unique strengths of each of the six analysts with whom I worked.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup

“Let’s be real,” Geffner said. “This was a decision made to save money, like so many other decisions this club has made over the last five-plus years. Good for them. They save a few bucks, and the product suffers.”

Neither Geffner’s 2022 salary — nor Sielaff’s 2023 salary — could be confirmed.

Lastly, Geffner said: “I leave with my head held high because I know the level at which I performed over 15 seasons, and I know — and am incredibly grateful for — the respect I earned among the people with whom I worked, my colleagues in the industry, and especially Marlins fans.”

It’s unusual — but not unprecedented — for an announcer to lash out publicly after being jettisoned by a team. The Marlins dropped two previous play-by-play announcers, Rich Waltz and Roxy Bernstein, and neither publicly criticized the team in the aftermath. Neither did analysts Tommy Hutton — who was eventually brought back — nor Todd Hollandworth or mostly recently, J.P. Arencibia after their dismissals.

I'm not drilling or forcing anything into the walls here
Do you now see how ridiculous this is? Please name ANY other MLB team that has fired SIX announcers over a relatively short period of time. I will give them immunity on J.P. due to his conduct involving his pathetic new wife, but there was little to no reason for them dumping any of the others. As I said, Geff was the last straw for me because he was like an ambassador for the team in their shittiest days & constantly encouraged fans to come to the games in spite of the poor play. This is indeed a hill I am going to die on. :nod:

Will you listen to Marlins on the radio in 2023
Most likely no

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Don't you own your house? just use a stud finder or something and you're good to go.
I do own this house but I don't want to damage the walls

The prior homeowners drilled stuff like nails into the walls and I have no purpose for it and if I move the next owner would deal with holes in the shit I would have drilled in

Just not worth the trouble

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
GEFFNER LASHES OUT
Radio announcer Glenn Geffner, whose contract was not renewed by the Marlins in November after 15 seasons with the team, is lashing out at the franchise.

What set him off? In a Miami Herald piece last week about the Marlins’ promotion of Kyle Sielaff to Geffner’s former job, it was noted that the Marlins preferred a radio play-by-play announcer who had a more conversational approach and wasn’t as reliant on statistics. That was from a reliable source.

In a text message, Geffner defended his work and said the Marlins dumped him because of money.

“Anyone who listened to the work I did with a rotating cast of analysts the last two seasons knows the unattributed assertion that the ‘Marlins wanted a conversational approach to the broadcast’ is laughable,” Geffner wrote.

The broadcasts the last two years were HUGELY conversational as I bent over backwards to play up the unique strengths of each of the six analysts with whom I worked.
He's 100% right about this. And especially when your gal Kelly "don't call me Steffy Forrester" Sacco was his partner. Those 2 had great chemistry & many good conversations. Yes, he was also very heavy on stats, but he was able to bring both to the broadcasts. Like he said on a recent podcast, the problem is the people on the marketing/business side were hired with no experience in baseball and are clueless when it comes to the importance of the relationship between the fans and the broadcasters.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
@PanthersPens62 I'm watching the CBS evening News and they are discussing the curfew in your city. Wtf is going on there. No wonder you don't leave the house...
Ok first of all I don't live on South Beach.......I live a good 20 or so minutes from there. This is the 2nd year in a row South Beach has had murders on Spring Break.This, combined with the nonsense that takes place there every Memorial Day weekend has the mayor & commissioners fed up, thus the curfew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad