GDT: USA Vs Austria | 12/26 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
You picked the worst angle at the worst time in the video.

Try this one on for size. Austrian player is crouching into the hit - shoulder/elbow tucked. Driving through the body
That time is the exact time you posted here look at his head and leg:laugh:
screenshot-2020-12-27-at-1-32-25-am-png.380593

upload_2020-12-27_0-29-37-png.380592

"clean hit in the nhl"
for reference

You just like the little red dot in your notifications. Bye.

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
That time is the exact time you posted here look at his head and leg:laugh:
screenshot-2020-12-27-at-1-32-25-am-png.380593

You just like the little red dot in your notifications. Bye.

Buddy I literally could not care less if anyone responded to my posts.

That screen cap I posted you can see, legs are bent, forearm, elbow and bicep into the chest, shoulder into chin...

because its 6'4 vs 5'11.

This one shows the initial contact even better

Attachments

• hit.png
    hit.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 8

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He literally hit him in the chest and the head at the same time. CTE is absolutely caused by the brain rattling in the brain which is why body checking causes significantly more concussions than fighting does. Literally.

Yeah, I was bigger than everyone else too and often hit people straight in the chest. He literally bent his knees. He got a lot of head too. Because he's the bigger man.
Not all body contact exists in the same bubble. There are varying degrees of severity in the force and location of a hit. You're not allowed to hit someone's knee with your knee because of the high degree of likelihood that you may shatter the knee. A hit with a high degree of force delivered to the head is far more likely to cause the kind of brain rattling that could lead to CTE than a standard body to body check. A child could undersand this, so your continued attempts to play dumb isn't cute.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Not all body contact exists in the same bubble. There are varying degrees of severity in the force and location of a hit. You're not allowed to hit someone's knee with your knee because of the high degree of likelihood that you may shatter the knee. A hit with a high degree of force delivered to the head is far more likely to cause the kind of brain rattling that could lead to CTE than a standard body to body check. A child could undersand this, so your continued attempts to play dumb isn't cute.

But if your overall concern is people getting CTE is it not just smart to get rid of any and all risks of CTE? Continuous small to medium bumps which rattle the brain also lead to CTE. It's an absolute fact. Why not just get rid of all hitting? I'm not being cute. I'm just pointing out that you want to get on your high horse and pretend you care about players health - but only to a certain extent in which you deem to be acceptable.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I literally posted a screen shot of the Austrian player bending his knees which was literally his point.

And, again, Chara's current conditioning has literally nothing to do with the fact that across his career he threw very few headshots. We're calling a spade a spade here to say that it's possible for tall players to throw hits against shorter guys without blasting their heads. Instead you wanna throw up strawmen about how Chara can't skate well anymore instead of addressing the meat of why the example was brought up.

And as for your screenshot that covers the knee bending aspect of avoiding head contact. Same screenshot shows he didn't adjust the angle of his shoulder or elbow to compensate for the height difference which he absolutely could have. But the reality is he was pissed off and wanted to blow Moynihan up with the hit and didn't give a flying f*** about course correcting to avoid head contact. The contact wasn't inevitable, he just didn't care to make sure it didn't happen. We don't have to ban all hits to minimize head contact and I know you know that.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You’ve crossed into sophistry. Good day.

I've explained my point numerous times in this thread. Just because you misinterpreted my posts doesn't mean I'm being disingenuous. I like hitting because I like hitting. All hitting causes brain injury. It's an assumed risk in hockey. I don't pretend like I care for these guys who play a sport for a living. If I wanted to watch a sport with no hitting I'd watch women's hockey - oh wait - their concussion rates are through the roof. Maybe I'd go post on a tennis forum then. I don't pretend to care when I don't :laugh:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
And, again, Chara's current conditioning has literally nothing to do with the fact that across his career he threw very few headshots. We're calling a spade a spade here to say that it's possible for tall players to throw hits against shorter guys without blasting their heads. Instead you wanna throw up strawmen about how Chara can't skate well anymore instead of addressing the meat of why the example was brought up.

And as for your screenshot that covers the knee bending aspect of avoiding head contact. Same screenshot shows he didn't adjust the angle of his shoulder or elbow to compensate for the height difference which he absolutely could have. But the reality is he was pissed off and wanted to blow Moynihan up with the hit and didn't give a flying f*** about course correcting to avoid head contact. The contact wasn't inevitable, he just didn't care to make sure it didn't happen. We don't have to ban all hits to minimize head contact and I know you know that.

And if you played, like you mentioned earlier, you would know how hard it is to course correct when you're in the middle of throwing a hit.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But if your overall concern is people getting CTE is it not just smart to get rid of any and all risks of CTE? Continuous small to medium bumps which rattle the brain also lead to CTE. It's an absolute fact. Why not just get rid of all hitting? I'm not being cute. I'm just pointing out that you want to get on your high horse and pretend you care about players health - but only to a certain extent in which you deem to be acceptable.
Probably because the most notable severe cases of CTE occurred in players who notably took hits to the head. Probert, Montador, Boogaard, Kariya.

I'm not pretending to care. But I am bored with your debate tactics. You're not fooling anyone. Principal point of contact (which is contentious in this case at best, I'd say the best you could say here is contact to the chest and head was simultaneous) is a weak shield people use to defend conduct that they take a thrill in watching, i.e. players getting their heads rocked.

Either way we're not gonna get anywhere continuing this absurd "debate." You say it's a good clean hockey hit, I and several others say it's not. Clearly no one is changing your mind about this and you're not gonna change ours. This is just turning into farts in the wind at this point.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I've explained my point numerous times in this thread. Just because you misinterpreted my posts doesn't mean I'm being disingenuous. I like hitting because I like hitting. All hitting causes brain injury. It's an assumed risk in hockey. I don't pretend like I care for these guys who play a sport for a living. If I wanted to watch a sport with no hitting I'd watch women's hockey - oh wait - their concussion rates are through the roof. Maybe I'd go post on a tennis forum then. I don't pretend to care when I don't :laugh:
I said, good day sir.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This is some psychopathic shit.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This is some psychopathic shit.

Lol. I guess everyone who enjoyed hockey up until this point, people who enjoy boxing, MMA, football, rugby and lacrosse are all psychopaths.

Just because you pretend to care about players health by advocating for "no head contact at all" does not mean you're a good person. "Legal" and "clean" body checking which don't touch the head cause an enormous amount of concussions as well.

So unless youre advocating for no body contact at all, get off your high horse

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Lol. I guess everyone who enjoyed hockey up until this point, people who enjoy boxing, MMA, football, rugby and lacrosse are all psychopaths.

Just because you pretend to care about players health by advocating for "no head contact at all" does not mean you're a good person. "Legal" and "clean" body checking which don't touch the head cause an enormous amount of concussions as well.

So unless youre advocating for no body contact at all, get off your high horse
Enjoying a sport and caring about the general well being of the athletes is not mutually exclusive.

Bragging that you don't give a shit about them doesn't make you sound cooler, either.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Enjoying a sport and caring about the general well being of the athletes is not mutually exclusive.

Bragging that you don't give a shit about them doesn't make you sound cooler, either.

Not trying to sound cool at all. Pretending you care for players by advocating for no head contact but still enjoying other forms of body checking which cause a large amount of concussions (ie. brain injuries) does not make you a better person. It just makes you a fraud.

You don't actually care for these people, you pretend like you do though.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I don't think it's necessary to defend the legality of the hit when even the player himself isn't...

Like, he is a nice guy. Bad hits happen in hockey. Penalties happen, players do things that deserve some sort of discipline and hopefully they get them. He says it wasn't intentional. And I believe him. A lot of players, incidentally or due to other reasons, commit bad penalties, I don't think it makes you a bad person. There should be some disciplinary action, as always, but I don't think it warrants people condemning him. Hopefully he gets discipline consistent with what they give other players, like Schneider, like the other player from the Prelim game. Consistency is all I ask.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not trying to sound cool at all. Pretending you care for players by advocating for no head contact but still enjoying other forms of body checking which cause a large amount of concussions (ie. brain injuries) does not make you a better person. It just makes you a fraud.

You don't actually care for these people, you pretend like you do though.

I love the physical and skilled portion.

Hitting hard and hitting properly is a skill, like anything else. Boxing, martial arts, and hockey all have acceptable and unacceptable forms of contact for the player's health. Good players and sportsmen operate within the confines of the rules, and while they accept risk, they rightfully expect a code of conduct in adherence to these rules as best as possible.

Not caring about the health and well-being of the players is simply the mindset of a sociopath.

Your doubling down by saying people "pretend to care" is either a massive troll job or you pull off wings of flies for fun. Either way, you're a dangerous person I would not want to hear from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad