GDT: USA Vs Austria | 12/26 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Good thing health care is affordable in Canada, you can get your vision checked out because that was clearly a dirty hit.
Vision is only paid for by the government for children and people over 65. Insurance through insurance co pays for tests every 2 years.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why do teams like USA and Canada try to show respect to these awful teams that are the equivalent of a beer league opponent?

Run up the score as much as you can and force them to be embarrassed. No participation trophy. No going easy on them. Occasionally they'll act gutless like #4 on Austria did.

This is a supposed competitive game. It doesn't need to be treated as a testimonial for these awful teams before you hand them a participation trophy for providing a worse test to these players than an inter-squad scrimmage does.

I thought the US coach came off looking really bad. His player gets cheap-shotted in garbage time and he throws out the fourth line for a PP? No, put out your best players and score another goal. Why would you try to let up on a team that just cheap-shotted you? I didn't like Canada going right back to the FO circle after they scored. They should've embarrassed Germany because they are bad.

We need to stop with these participation trophies and showing respect for these awful teams. Let them strive to improve and provide a better test. Until then, no letting up. Beat them 15-0, and play on as usual for 60 minutes.

Reactions: Startseva

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Same as the Schneider hit. Bth should be 1 game suspensions. Probably only the Austrian gets one becasue Moynihan left the game.
disagree.....this one hits just about every no-no box....
1.blindside
2.Late
3.head contact
4.left his feet

the schneider one was high with head contact

Reactions: Chainshot

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Even the NFL has made that hit illegal. That’s just how wrong anyone saying this is a clean hit is.
I mean ordinarily I'm not surprised to see people defending headshots but this time. I mean that's as blatant...as textbook as it gets. To be so bravely willing to be wrong. That's something.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean ordinarily I'm not surprised to see people defending headshots but this time. I mean that's as blatant as textbook as it gets. To be so bravely willing to be wrong. That's something.
Some people just like to watch stuff like that. Weirdos.

I don't miss the disgusting headshots of the 90s at all.

Reactions: HanSolo

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I thought the US coach came off looking really bad. His player gets cheap-shotted in garbage time and he throws out the fourth line for a PP? No, put out your best players and score another goal. Why would you try to let up on a team that just cheap-shotted you? I didn't like Canada going right back to the FO circle after they scored. They should've embarrassed Germany because they are bad.

The team didn't cheap shot you. One player did. Would you try to punish and embarrass all of the other kids who did nothing wrong to you? I think that it's classy to show some restraint in that case. Also, it was a reward for the players on the team who had the least ice time in the game. That should matter more to a coach than making a defeated team feel even worse.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
not in the show
48.1Illegal Check to the Head - A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principle point of contact is not permitted.
48.2Minor Penalty - There is no provision for a minor penalty for this rule.
48.3Major Penalty - For a violation of this rule, a major penalty shall be assessed (see 48.4).
Rule 28).
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Unless this is some satirical commentary about the consistency about the DopS, this is an absurd thing to say.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
id love to see another look at the hit, considering everyone here is calling blood murder about it

just rewinded it...

foot was on the ground, hit the shoulder first, definitely got some head but was through the body and feet didn't leave the ice. i know any touch to the head is a no no in international hockey. im talking purely hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad