Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
One hell of a set--and an excellent demonstration of Sinner's defensive ability to manoeuvre things to his advantage on the court. In a set between equals, he is a little more equal.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
One hell of a set--and an excellent demonstration of Sinner's defensive ability to manoeuvre things to his advantage on the court. In a set between equals, he is a little more equal.
Good analysis. Idk if I can watch Barry Bonds win this match.

Although I'm 62, I'd like to see ESPN bring in a new younger generation of analysts. They were good players, but do we have to be stuck with them forever? No other sport does this.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yes! Hopefully Draper will give the sinner the beating he deserves.

He's a sinner. Surprised you don't know about the PEDs scandal. He failed 2, not 1, tests.
Not my perspective. I believe his story because it is the simplest explanation of what happened. If people want to hold a grudge, the target shouldn't be Sinner. He availed himself of the review procedures open to him, and the eventual decision exonerated him of wrong doing. If there is a scapegoat in all this, and there is, it is the ITIA, the committee that too often has made arbitrary decisions in the past only to have them overturned by a higher committee. Sinner's situation was handled properly; the problem is that most such decisions aren't handled properly. But that's not on Sinner's head.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto

Although I'm 62, I'd like to see ESPN bring in a new younger generation of analysts. They were good players, but do we have to be stuck with them forever? No other sport does this.
If you really think Barry Bonds is a good analogy, turn out the lights on your way out.

The rest of this post I entirely agree with. Let's get Kyrgios in the booth along with other younger voices. And I'm way older than you.....so. Just sayin'.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not my perspective. I believe his story because it is the simplest explanation of what happened. If people want to hold a grudge, the target shouldn't be Sinner. He availed himself of the review procedures open to him, and the eventual decision exonerated him of wrong doing. If there is a scapegoat in all this, and there is, it is the ITIA, the committee that too often has made arbitrary decisions in the past only to have them overturned by a higher committee. Sinner's situation was handled properly; the problem is that most such decisions aren't handled properly. But that's not on Sinner's head.

Very well said

Barry Bonds was a HOFer pre steroids btw and one of the best defenders in baseball lol

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Draper, to his credit, hasn't folded after losing that, set but Sinner is playing like some guy who has hooked his fish and now just has to figure out some way to reel him into the boat.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... The rest of this post I entirely agree with. Let's get Kyrgios in the booth along with other younger voices. And I'm way older than you.....so. Just sayin'.
I knew you were in your 80s, Joe Biden. ;)

Here's why your opinion on Sinner is nonsense. Our entire judicial system is based on facts, not intentions. Everyone is responsible for the drugs in their system. People get punished and fired for this all the time. This is why we asked you to step down for Kamala. ;)

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Draper, to his credit, hasn't folded after losing that, set but Sinner is playing like some guy who has hooked his fish and now just has to figure out some way to reel him into the boat.

I think this run will do a ton for Draper if he doesn't make it out of today, I love him adding that drop shot in his game. For an elite server like him, having that variety is awesome in his game. It's something I always wonder guys like Fritz (he's gotten better) + Hubie Hurkacz dont have in their games with the piss missile serves they have

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
His will is still evident, but Draper's energy level seems to be dropping a bit, making him appear vulnerable.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I knew you were in your 80s, Joe Biden. ;)

Here's why your opinion on Sinner is nonsense. Our entire judicial system is based on facts, not intentions. Everyone is responsible for the drugs in their system. People get punished and fired for this all the time. This is why we asked you to step down for Kamala. ;)
Not quite that bad yet.

This logic just seems like right -wing absolutism to me. And it doesn't take into account--in fact, can't even attempt to--the specifics of this particular incident nor the rules and procedures in place to handle it. Go scream at a cloud. :)

Think the physicality of Sinner's game is gonna hamper Jack's hamstring eventually.
Really good point...on top of everything else, Draper is handling physically and mentally right now.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Jack just graphically threw up a little between points. Don't think I have seen that before mid-match, certainly not so unexpectedly or graphically.

More drama as Sinner wins a marvelous point but hurts his wrist in the process.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... The rest of this post I entirely agree with. Let's get Kyrgios in the booth along with other younger voices. And I'm way older than you.....so. Just sayin'.
I think Kyrgios would be a huge mistake. I've been watching since 69 and he's arguably the most talented man I've ever seen who didn't win a major. His talent didn't translate into major wins, because he has an extremely poor understanding of the game.

EDIT: Regarding Sinner's wrist: @kihei your older brother the Good Lord may be on Draper and my side. ;)

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sinner is very lucky he was open palmed on that fall, that could've been a broken wrist easily. Still shaking it a ton after points after the physio saw him

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Given the physical condition of each player, what a huge breaker this is.

Sinner is flawless and takes the breaker 7-3.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think Kyrgios would be a huge mistake. I've been watching since 69 and he's arguably the most talented man I've ever seen who didn't win a major. His talent didn't translate into major wins, because he has an extremely poor understanding of the game.

EDIT: Regarding Sinner's wrist: @kihei your older brother the Good Lord may be on Draper and my side. ;)
I don't have an older brother, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't want that one. Christopher Hitchens fan, myself.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
22 year old Draper may be my new favorite male player, but he's not quite there yet. We tend to focus on the favorite (Sinner), but a top 4 player MAY have closed out the first two sets better than Draper did. He kind of wilted at the end of both sets.

I knew @kihei 's prayers were more powerful than mine. He "prays like a Roman with his eyes on 🔥". ;)

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sinner is just on a different level this year on hard court, him and Sabalenka have ran circles on the competition on it

Reactions: SPV

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just going to sit back and watch this one. Let the best American win.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Tiafoe turns thefirst set around, going from love-3 to 4-3. Kind of out of the blue. Early days, still.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Man, this is a treat. Like a big heavyweight championship that lives up to its billing. Foe sure loves the big stage and spotlight. He's up a break in the third set, but Fritz ain't going anywhere either.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Foe up two sets to one. I didn't think Tiafoe could hang with Fritz from the baseline but he certainly did that set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad