Tennis: US Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Is this a Czech-style thing? What is with this short-short look that both Muchova and Machac favour? It seems daft to me like guys who wear their jeans slouched down halfway below their underwear.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Sounds like Di Minaur got hurt in practice or showed up to practice and hit for about 15 minutes barely moving, this could be a dreadful day session.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Draper takes the first set and earns a break in the second. Demon definitely keeps rubbing his thigh area....actually he is moving very well now (late second set).

So many players seem to be among the walking wounded right now. Whatever the zillion potential reasons, this should be a major concern for the ATP.

That being said the way Jacko is playing this tournament, he may be the more fun opponent of the winner of Sinner/Medvedev anyway.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Just a great performance from Draper who is finally playing up to his talent. Honourable performance from Demon who was never healthy this tournament, but gave it everything he had anyway,

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Not actual tennis thought, ON needs to come up with better gear, Iga looks like an ice cream cone right now with those colors.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ugly, ugly set from Iga who first served at 34% and had three winners to go with 19 unforced errors.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
This tournament has been short on classic matches, since the round of sixteen began, it seems. Another dud tonight. Iga never got her game together. I wonder when the last time she made 41 errors in 17 games. Maybe juniours.

On the plus side, we have four Americans in the semi-finals for the first time since 2003. That should lead to some pretty wild crowd excitement. And with Sinner/Medvedev coming up, who can complain?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Takes skill to send that many inside out forehands wide and that many cross court backhands into the net. I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she’s under the weather (was blowing her nose a lot during the past two matches). Or maybe a bad day at the office. Regardless, this is Sabalenka’s to lose now (not that Iga would have beaten her anyway).

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Looks like it might be a long night for Daniil and a short day at the office for Jannik.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sabalenka, unless she goes mental in a match on her serve, is hands down running away with this tournament.

Best set of tennis I've seen Jannik play v Medvedev this year so far

I hate the camera in the training room, you can have some respect and privacy for players that lose, no one needs to see Iga crying.

Feels like that's a whole sports thing, they do that a ton with March Madness and you see college kids crying in the stands for memes/laughs (idk who's laughing at that sick shit, but yeah lol)

This tournament has been short on classic matches, since the round of sixteen began, it seems. Another dud tonight. Iga never got her game together. I wonder when the last time she made 41 errors in 17 games. Maybe juniours.

On the plus side, we have four Americans in the semi-finals for the first time since 2003. That should lead to some pretty wild crowd excitement. And with Sinner/Medvedev coming up, who can complain?

Best match was probably Khachanov v Evans tbh

Reactions: 17futurecap

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
First set: 6-2 Sinner who looks like he is rounding into form to win this tournament. He has been ridiculously good so far.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Now this is more like it. Sinner better rush the net more; certainly there would be some question of him having the stamina to survive a fifth set against Medvedev (yeah, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but this suddenly looks like a tennis match).

Would you believe 4-love, Daniil.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Over 9 shot rallies:

First Set: Sinner 5-2
Second Set: Medvedev 12-1

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
From a tennis perspective, this match is very bad lol. Neither guy can challenge the other in a set so far.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
2nd set: 6-1 Medvedev. Not just a complete turnaround but a turnaroud with authority.

I think Sinner has to make the adjustments. If nothing changes, Daniil will just keep happily pounding away from the baseline forever. I also think Sinner needs to win the third set more than Medvedev.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The only conclusion to draw from 20/23 at the net is that you are not coming to the net enough.

3rd set: And we go roundabout again, 4-love Sinner

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sinner and Sabalenka have the freest GS title they'll have in their careers. That's no disrespect to the other guys/women left but both of them are on their favorite type of court + no real big juggernaut left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad